• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Photos & Videos

ex_user1234

Resigned
"Matty Taylor's Red and White Army
We hate Plymouth Argyle"
I remember the good old days when a version of that was sung for TEN MINUTES straight. You can't beat the classics!

ex_user1234

Resigned
The bank bouncing:love:
THIS is what football is all about. Brilliant.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a sight, The Big Bank full to the rafters and bouncing like that, You can stick your prawn sandwich brigade of the Premier League, This is real support!!!

CityTillIDie

Nothing better, we should be very proud of our big bank

Legohead

Banned
What a sight, The Big Bank full to the rafters and bouncing like that, You can stick your prawn sandwich brigade of the Premier League, This is real support!!!
The trick is to get it bouncing like that but versus the likes of Morecambe so it gets us the reputation of we don't care who we play, you are still gonna know about us! Superb sight.

DB9

Nothing better, we should be very proud of our big bank
Indeed very proud. I know it was Argyle and of course we were up for it but in saying that, How many times have we had a damn good crowd only for the football to let us down? We didn't just beat Argyle, We smashed them so those who were there who don't normally go went away very happy and I'm hoping they'd give City and SJP another go, That game alone was the best advert to get people into the park

Legohead

Banned
What sets German clubs in particular apart from the likes of British clubs is that they sing and bounce for 90 minutes regardless of who they play. That's the impression i get from them. Fans of clubs in this country only do it mainly for a short period and usually in response to a goal or an attack or whatever and it's sporadic and short lived. The german fans don't rely on the quality of football to decide whether to sing and bounce or not - they do it anyway and for the majority of the matches i've seen anyway.

I've only seen this once in this country and i was at a Chesterfield v Aldershot game one evening in the early 2000's and the 100 or so Shots fans and flags and drum sang throughout. They were 4 nil down at half time. That will always stick in mind because what was being served up on the pitch didn't influence their support and it was just incessant. Absolute quality.

i8cornwall

What sets German clubs in particular apart from the likes of British clubs is that they sing and bounce for 90 minutes regardless of who they play. That's the impression i get from them. Fans of clubs in this country only do it mainly for a short period and usually in response to a goal or an attack or whatever and it's sporadic and short lived. The german fans don't rely on the quality of football to decide whether to sing and bounce or not - they do it anyway and for the majority of the matches i've seen anyway.

I've only seen this once in this country and i was at a Chesterfield v Aldershot game one evening in the early 2000's and the 100 or so Shots fans and flags and drum sang throughout. They were 4 nil down at half time. That will always stick in mind because what was being served up on the pitch didn't influence their support and it was just incessant. Absolute quality.
For a vast majority of clubs in Germany this is true (there are a few clubs who wouldn't look out of place in the prem).

The difference between the UK and German support is the mentality of clubs, fans and even at goverment level. Everything is set up for people to bounce, take flags to games and support the way they do in Germany. Match tickets over there get you free transport to games, you can drink and stand at 99% of grounds as well. This has helped the ultras style support to flourish over there as the RL friends in Nuremberg will testify.

Argyle was great and up there as one of the best atmospheres I've seen at the park but is really difficult to replicate against teams like Morecambe or Port Vale, not that the RL won't try of course.

DB9

Success on the pitch i8, One of the main ways to get people in, Also putting bits online/Social Media like the BB bouncing will do a lot of good too

Legohead

Banned
For a vast majority of clubs in Germany this is true (there are a few clubs who wouldn't look out of place in the prem).

The difference between the UK and German support is the mentality of clubs, fans and even at goverment level. Everything is set up for people to bounce, take flags to games and support the way they do in Germany. Match tickets over there get you free transport to games, you can drink and stand at 99% of grounds as well. This has helped the ultras style support to flourish over there as the RL friends in Nuremberg will testify.

Argyle was great and up there as one of the best atmospheres I've seen at the park but is really difficult to replicate against teams like Morecambe or Port Vale, not that the RL won't try of course.
Some good points. I do think that drums in football are a necessity to help support the atmosphere. I know a lot of people don't like hearing drums at the footy but personally i think it adds to the atmosphere. Bradford for example had one on Saturday which i've not heard before at Valley Parade and it added a bit of life to a drab atmosphere in terms of the home support.

Rather that than God forbid one of those sickeningly annoying loud hailer / speaker things that are hollered into by one bloke clambering up the railings at the likes of Sevilla and Marseille. When i hear them i have to switch off. Awful sound.

Flags are massively important and being of Germanic heritage myself i always love to see those banners draped everywhere that are written in the classic German font. On that, i saw some of our flags being confiscated by the stewards when i was queuing at the turnstiles at Bradford. Anyone know what that was about?

A lot of our all seater stadiums don't generally facilitate creating an atmosphere and standing does like you say. I'm like it myself sometimes when i've been sat down for a while at the footy i automatically become a lot more subdued and passive rather than active and engaged as you would be stood up.

As for drinking alcohol during the game. It's one law that i hope never sees the light of day in this country. It would be carnage. All clubs have a number of fans who simply cannot be trusted under the influence of constantly drinking alcohol to behave in a manner which doesn't effect others in the stands and i feel it would be a complete nightmare for stewards and other non drinking fans allowing a free for all boozing session in the ground.