• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
If it's that easy to get in then gratuitous acts of petty vandalism such as graffiti or damage to the pitch etc by moronic opposition fans are a possibility but there have been no other incidents over the years so it is probably a one off with the Colchester children.
Someone got in a couple of weeks ago,probably a pi55ed up student.
There were a couple of marks on the pitch where they tried a knee slide & bizarrely a bicycle wheel(minus tyre) left on the pitch.

Unfortunately if someone is determined to get in they will.

When did the banner get nicked ?
I was in the ground unti 6pm & there were no ‘herberts’ hanging around outside.

TOP_CITY_FAN

It was taken Friday night I believe.

Redarrow

So going back to an earlier question...how many flags did the red legion steal??? If this is what ultras do to dissolve a passionate fan group and to show the upper hand is this what you guys would have maybe done in the past??
I am still really intrigued as to whether the RL has done this to any other ‘ultras’ up and down the country

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most of the volunteer stuff at the club gets showered in praise (and rightfully so), it’s intriguing that this never did. It doesn’t and hasn’t ever bothered me
Strike me down for being unintrigued. Probably the outlaw element of the ultra subculture is something the club don't want to unequivocally endorse. And that's fair enough. Don't have a problem with anything the RL did, and they contributed a lot to the atmosphere and it seems pretty harmless. Just can't have it both ways.

I mean, are Colchesters ultras gonna whinge if their flag stealing success doesn't make their clubs official website?

i8cornwall

I am still really intrigued as to whether the RL has done this to any other ‘ultras’ up and down the country
We never did steal any other groups flags for the simple reason we very rarely played clubs with groups.

Would we have done it given the chance? I don’t know but then again there are only a handful of clued up groups in this country.

Redarrow

We never did steal any other groups flags for the simple reason we very rarely played clubs with groups.

Would we have done it given the chance? I don’t know but then again there are only a handful of clued up groups in this country.
That’s fair enough I was just intrigued as I want to try and understand how all this ultras world works, be a real shame if something doesn’t get up and running in the future as I for one loved the atmosphere it created,

Hopefully going forward the club may be ok to hang a large banner off the underside of the roof up in the big bank, will need a cherry picker to attach it but know it would never go missing

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

What if it got robbed but it wasn't an ultra group? Just a load of students took it?

Grecian Max

Strike me down for being unintrigued. Probably the outlaw element of the ultra subculture is something the club don't want to unequivocally endorse. And that's fair enough. Don't have a problem with anything the RL did, and they contributed a lot to the atmosphere and it seems pretty harmless. Just can't have it both ways.

I mean, are Colchesters ultras gonna whinge if their flag stealing success doesn't make their clubs official website?
You really don’t get my point. Could never be arsed what the club thought as long as they let our materials in. They used our imagery all over the ground, it’s printed on massive signs, it’s on the twitter accounts, the 360 vids. Because it looked great.

I meant more within the fanbase, sort a garden out or paint a fence and you’re golden - get an atmosphere going in a stand far too big for this club on matchday and it brings out the nerds with their expert opinions. As I say, I’ve been doing this sort of thing on and and off for almost 10 years, it has always been the same so you become numb to it - just now looking back objectively I find it weird that people still get a kick out of smugly critiquing it when all other parts ofour fan-owned club are given the worship treatment.

Anyway, the bank goes back to what it was before. My prediction is someone will start up something new relatively quickly because it’s a bit bit boring up there otherwise.

Redarrow

What if it got robbed but it wasn't an ultra group? Just a load of students took it?
I actually thought this last night mate, could be couldn’t it, if this is the case are the ultras still live and kicking?

Grecian Max

I actually thought this last night mate, could be couldn’t it, if this is the case are the ultras still live and kicking?
It was Colchester mate