• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChardGrecian

Going to be long drive home. Two teams giving ball away and have poor defences. Lots of calls for Caldwell to go at the end but unfortunately the happy clappers and useless boards won’t do that. I can accept team was tired and did give as much as they could - great goal by Jules and Rankine caused problems at times. Scott again waste of shirt, Hartridge, Kite, Taylor were very poor.
Caldwell has to go because of absolute dismal record and recruitment. Now the boards are going to let him loose on January transfer window.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was at the game and actually think this team can’t play much better than that but we still LOST to a team that were below us in the league…That shows the predicament we now find ourselves in.

Ash

Easy, look at the manner and reactions of people. It's not difficult to work out.
Didn't have you down as a happy clapper. An intransigent egotist sure, but not a happy clapper. I stand corrected.

cannockred

Didn't have you down as a happy clapped. An intransigent egotist sure, but not a happy clapper. I stand corrected.
Why is it that exeweb descends into reams of insults about others who disagree with their opinion.

For heavens sake, we are supposed to support the same club.

The fans are more fractured than the team. Perhaps we need a new manager for exeweb?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am i the only one who was feeling hopeless 3 weeks ago who now sees a few signs of life? What's xG looking like then Vs now, anyone on top of this stuff? It feels like the last few games, Cambridge excluded, we've improved to a level where were a match for bottom third teams. That's not where I want us, but it's a big improvement. Hopefully the handful of incomings this Jan will kick us on even further and we'll have a shot at accumulating the points we need.
Somewhat surprisingly, our xG isn't too bad. Unfortunately, to quote a pal, 'our expected connection between banjo and cow's arse [xBCA?] is comfortably the worst in the top four divisions'.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Please don’t say such stupid things it doesn’t do you any favours
appreciate your support sexton but this is an opinion based forum.

grecIAN Harris

Didn't have you down as a happy clapper. An intransigent egotist sure, but not a happy clapper. I stand corrected.
It's not about being a happy clapper, it's about understanding reactions and some of it was brainless. Disappointment, booing, calling for Caldwell to go I can understand but some of the over aggressive body language displayed was ignorant at best.

Mr Jinx

Weird to give up so soon. We're not adrift despite this horrendous run. Even a moderate improvement from the Jan window could be enough.
Not really. Time to face facts: it is over.

Mr Jinx

It was loud. Caldwell out chants, Carroll being booed after a crap long pass in added time, Scott booed. It’s a big old toxic mess
Good. Enough of that and you'd hope the message might get through. Eventually.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.