• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am i the only one who was feeling hopeless 3 weeks ago who now sees a few signs of life? What's xG looking like then Vs now, anyone on top of this stuff? It feels like the last few games, Cambridge excluded, we've improved to a level where were a match for bottom third teams. That's not where I want us, but it's a big improvement. Hopefully the handful of incomings this Jan will kick us on even further and we'll have a shot at accumulating the points we need.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I think we will stay up
Caldwell couldn't keep a suppository up.

Arthur Davey

Why was one of their fans on the pitch? Celebrating the win? 🤣
Probably...

thermopylai

The performance was better than much of what we've seen these last months, but the mistakes were still there. We're a work in progress, but what we're progressing towards I have no idea.

I assume Kite's failure to hoof the ball was "tactical", GC's insistence we pass out from the back? Even in injury time when we need to get the ball forward...

CraigECFC

After the run we are one I can’t just keep ‘taking the positives’ from games. Every player gives their all every game as they should. Bottom line is unfortunately this team isn’t good enough, only some very good signings can keep us up.

cannockred

Might as well carry on with this shower of shit then (y)
Funny how the players were playing for GC at the portsmouth game and the defence was rock solid. 2 mistakes and a wonder goal turns the team into a shower of shit.

I think this is what people were saying about over reaction.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Steve Flack
Please don’t say such stupid things it doesn’t do you any favours

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Am i the only one who was feeling hopeless 3 weeks ago who now sees a few signs of life? What's xG looking like then Vs now, anyone on top of this stuff? It feels like the last few games, Cambridge excluded, we've improved to a level where were a match for bottom third teams. That's not where I want us, but it's a big improvement. Hopefully the handful of incomings this Jan will kick us on even further and we'll have a shot at accumulating the points we need.
Two defensive errors for the first two goals cost us. Without them, we win this game even without a striker. We are starting to get balls into the right area now but the understanding and movement of a striker is still obvious.

D__Lo__

Funny how the players were playing for GC at the portsmouth game and the defence was rock solid. 2 mistakes and a wonder goal turns the team into a shower of shit.

I think this is what people were saying about over reaction.
Must be trolling with no reverence to the last 3/4 months.

Albumen

I’m gutted about the result but not the performance. Some won’t like to hear this but we missed Aimson today.

Massive moments in the game were the poor miss from Hartridge that would have put us up 2-1 and the really poor decision from Kite which leads to Hartridge scoring an OG right on HT!

With the current squad we have and all the injuries we have I thought this would be a game too far, but in my opinion we played better than I expected which makes the result so much more gut wrenching!

The players are still playing for GC and we need to get our injuries back soon to help the squad. The signings that we are able to make will define our season. There is no doubt that we need to have a very good window (easier said than done), but if we do there is still fight in this squad!
Excellent post. And I wholeheartedly agree regards Aimson -

It’s hard to get past the frustration of defeat. But it wasn’t a dreadful performance. We just lack a bit of attacking quality. Reading have a handfull of very good players - but I thought they looked bereft of any identity.

Definitely not writing off our hopes of survival just yet. Nothings really changed - January transfer window is absolutely crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.