• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League to assist lower leagues

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
From what he said I’d imagine they have the funds in place to see themselves through the season.

Rosencrantz

Could be a bit of a wait..
The future of the EFL are worth about as much as Thomas Partey to them then and significantly less than Ruben Dias.

It would probably be enough for L1 and L2 I guess.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what he said I’d imagine they have the funds in place to see themselves through the season.
I have just added up (Very Roughly) what the PL clubs have spent this summer on transfers so far, It comes to £1.1BN pounds!! This was just me and a calculator looking at a radio website with all the transfers, If anyone say's they're suffering I'd love to be suffering like that. Please note, This does not include wages etc or money they've made from out going transfers.
1.25 billion total spend according to this article. A 1% levy on that would have gone a long way to helping smaller clubs see out this crisis.

DB9

1.25 billion total spend according to this article. A 1% levy on that would have gone a long way to helping smaller clubs see out this crisis.
And to think Arsenal as a "Cost Cutting" exercise are going to make their mascot redundant while on the same day spending £45m on one player (Ozil has offered to pay his wages to keep him on) but that in its self is madness, 55 people being let go at Arsenal, They say because of Covid-19 crisis yet they spend this amount! Sympathy for the PL? Don't make me laugh!!!

Reactions: WXF

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly SEA. Madness.

On the day Arsenal sack their matchday mascot, they make a £45 million signing.

Oldsmobile-88

A excellent article again from David Gribble.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly SEA. Madness.

On the day Arsenal sack their matchday mascot, they make a £45 million signing.
In fairness the chap made redundant was the public liason officer at the club, one of fifty laid off, as well as being the mascot Gunnersaurus at home games. He was on 40k pa.

Don't think I'm defending Arsenal, I'm not, I'm simply filling in a gap in the story.

iscalad

In fairness the chap made redundant was the public liason officer at the club, one of fifty laid off, as well as being the mascot Gunnersaurus at home games. He was on 40k pa.

Don't think I'm defending Arsenal, I'm not, I'm simply filling in a gap in the story.
£40k for a mascot. Utter madness.

Banksy

£40k for a mascot. Utter madness.
He might have had other posts at the club too Isca , but agreed , madness.But then , when you stand back and look at it the whole of the Premiership lives in a world of its own with nothing to do with reality.

denzel

East Devons MP has tweeted this.

So have the PL have reached a deal with non league, or is this something else