• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Positions that must be filled next season?

paperclip

Amazing his football generates so many different opinions.

I'd say Jones was far more error prone than Bobby.
I remember Jones making quite a few errors, but a large proportion of those seemed to consist of him slicing clearances into touch, which didn't hurt the team unduly (although I did **** me off on many occasions).

If you look at the goals Bobby concedes however, an unusually large number seem to have been over his head, with him frantically backtracking and failing to save efforts from distance, mostly in front of the BB. Yes he has undoubtedly kept us in games this season, but I agree with Mr Moxey that really good sides don't tend to concede the type of goals that we do, and a lot of that IMO stems from not having a really dominant keeper.

ForeverECFC

Obviously not a Woodman fan.
Reassuring you all that he must go #WoodmanOut

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reassuring you all that he must go #WoodmanOut
Been getting decent enuf reviews of recent.

oxford don

I would say we should be /could be looking for replacements for

Tisdale, Ribeiro, Woodman, McAllister, Oakley, Morrison, Moore -Taylor, Holmes, Stockley, Wheeler.

Those in italics will want away to better things while they still have something to offer..

They would be silly to stay.

The others should be released

Tisdale should be given extended garden leave or moved upstairs to the pie shop.. He's been weighed, measured and found wanting.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would they be silly to stay? Moving away doesn't always prove to be the best option, unless all you're interested in is a short term top up to your bank balance.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Wheeler "wants away" why has he very recently signed a new contract?

Red Bill

I would say we should be /could be looking for replacements for

Tisdale, Ribeiro, Woodman, McAllister, Oakley, Morrison, Moore -Taylor, Holmes, Stockley, Wheeler.

Those in italics will want away to better things while they still have something to offer..

They would be silly to stay.

The others should be released

Tisdale should be given extended garden leave or moved upstairs to the pie shop.. He's been weighed, measured and found wanting.
Not sure what your reasoning is here.

Ribeiro may go I reckon, and thats based on comments he made when he was a guest at our supporters' group regarding wanting to play at the highest level he could. Wheeler has just signed a new contract, JMT don't know his contract situation but as much as I like him i'm not sure how many bigger clubs will be looking at him, Holmes moved his family down here last year, loves the area and from what i've seen and heard from him is very happy at City and I think Stockley can see he's doing well here, better than at any of his other loans and may well be looking to stay longer.

oxford don

If Wheeler "wants away" why has he very recently signed a new contract?
1. Because he gets an immediate pay rise

2. Because its our insurance policy when clubs from the higher leagues come looking in June and July.

Last edited:

oxford don

Why would they be silly to stay? Moving away doesn't always prove to be the best option, unless all you're interested in is a short term top up to your bank balance.
If they get the attention of Div 1 clubs I mean...(or a better Offer at this level..)

GrecianWonder

1. Because he gets an immediate pay rise

2. Because its our insurance policy when clubs from the higher leagues come looking in June and July.
He hasn't played well enough since signing the contract to warrant a move.