• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
A good line from new Tory Chairman this morning that behind the great reformer Starmer, the party of Corbyn still exists.
It is a good line. Not true, but a good line. He should put it on the side of a bus 🤣

arthur

A good line from new Tory Chairman this morning that behind the great reformer Starmer, the party of Corbyn still exists.
This worked well

tavyred

What's good about that? Wishful thinking more like and I think most Corbynites would agree with me.

Can you provide any evidence for your twin brother's assertion? I would also remind you that "behind the great reformer Blair the party of Benn still existed". The Campaign Group was ever present in the House of Commons and had precisely zero impact.
Greg Hands cited the example of 160 Labour MP’s attending picket lines recently. I guess that plays to the narrative that said Corbyn was just an old Trot more interested in the politics of protest than the realities of Government. Not for nothing does Starmer want his MP’s to stay away from picket lines.

Alistair20000

This worked well
I thought Johnny Major refused to allow that to be used

Alistair20000

Sir Keith has yet to let us know why he told us in 2019 that Corbyn would make a great PM.

Alistair20000

What's good about that? Wishful thinking more like and I think most Corbynites would agree with me.

Can you provide any evidence for your twin brother's assertion? I would also remind you that "behind the great reformer Blair the party of Benn still existed". The Campaign Group was ever present in the House of Commons and had precisely zero impact.
Rev Blair had such a large majority that he could safely put two fingers up to the nutters on the left of his party

arthur

Sir Keith has yet to let us know why he told us in 2019 that Corbyn would make a great PM.
Because he was bound by collective shadow cabinet responsibility. Are you going to take the same approach towards any Tory MP who campaigned for Johnson to be PM in 2019? I think this is a tad unfair

arthur

Greg Hands cited the example of 160 Labour MP’s attending picket lines recently. I guess that plays to the narrative that said Corbyn was just an old Trot more interested in the politics of protest than the realities of Government. Not for nothing does Starmer want his MP’s to stay away from picket lines.
I don't think you need to be a raging Trot to attend a picket line. When you reach the pearly gates just ask Shirley Williams

arthur

I thought Johnny Major refused to allow that to be used
If so he wasn't very effective. I remember it on a hoarding near SJP

Alistair20000

Because he was bound by collective shadow cabinet responsibility. Are you going to take the same approach towards any Tory MP who campaigned for Johnson to be PM in 2019? I think this is a tad unfair
Corbyn would have been the most disastrous P.M.ever. Some principled Labour party big guns refused to serve under him. Sir Keith backed him…..rather enthusiastically.

When he tells us unequivocally that he was wrong about Corbyn and his policies I will have more respect for him.