• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, yes, to a certain extent. To say the opposite would clearly be untrue. They aren’t running it though.

In The same way we can say the , Conservatives under Rishi, are still the party of Trussonomics, parties and deceit. Which is most recent, and which is most relevant?
They never were and that is why she was given the The Elbow

DB9

arthur

Other sources available

"Major’s decision will heighten the tension between the Tory party and its agency, which had drawn up ads reviving last summer’s ’demon eyes’"

It ran in the summer of 1996 which is when everyone saw it and it won an award. All Major did was refuse to sanction its use in the run up to the 97 election which is not quite the same as "Johnny Major refused to allow that to be used ".

arthur

Didn’t you say Corbyn lost you the GE in 2019? 🤷‍♂️
Yes he did. But that's because people liked Johnson, were bored of Brexit and loathed Corbyn. Hardly a looney left fringe, he was the Party Leader!

tavyred

Yes he did. But that's because people liked Johnson, were bored of Brexit and loathed Corbyn. Hardly a looney left fringe, he was the Party Leader!
Come on Art, he was loathed precisely for his looney left views and the Tories made much electoral hay out of it.
I’m not saying Starmer won’t be able to hide his now lunatic fringe, I’m saying it still exists and the Tories will attempt to highlight it at every opportunity.

Alistair20000

"Major’s decision will heighten the tension between the Tory party and its agency, which had drawn up ads reviving last summer’s ’demon eyes’"

It ran in the summer of 1996 which is when everyone saw it and it won an award. All Major did was refuse to sanction its use in the run up to the 97 election which is not quite the same as "Johnny Major refused to allow that to be used ".
As I said he vetoed it being more widely used.

Alistair20000

Did he not become Labour leader through the support of the Looney Left ? As well as some Tories joining the Labour party for £3 to intermeddle in Labour party business ?

arthur

Did he not become Labour leader through the support of the Looney Left ? As well as some Tories joining the Labour party for £3 to intermeddle in Labour party business ?
....through the support of the looney mainstream, aided and abetted by the Ed Milliband £3ers, largely due to the utter uselessness of the other three candidates - the right of Blair Liz Kendall, the tainted by her husband Yvette Cooper and the hopelessly flip flopping, please all the people all the time Andy Burnham. It is another indictment of New Labour that they failed to nurture any talent that could carry the party forward

arthur

Come on Art, he was loathed precisely for his looney left views and the Tories made much electoral hay out of it.
I’m not saying Starmer won’t be able to hide his now lunatic fringe, I’m saying it still exists and the Tories will attempt to highlight it at every opportunity.
But has it been effective ever? It was tried against Ken Livingstone and Sadiq the terrorist sympathiser Khan. I can't think of any GE that Labour lost because of fears about the looney left - the Party was quite capable of losing elections for all sorts of other reasons...

arthur

As I said he vetoed it being more widely used.
When were you last wrong? :)