• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
If people like Rod Stewart think that the Tories are shit, then they are in trouble!
I think they have to worry more about the likes of me, Tavy and Al2000 thinking they're shit too.

Alistair20000

If people like Rod Stewart think that the Tories are shit, then they are in trouble!
I could not give a to55 to what he thinks.

arthur

I see the Tavy of the East Midlands is now Tory Party deputy chairman [sic].

Radio Free Skaro

I see the Tavy of the East Midlands is now Tory Party deputy chairman [sic].

Tory MP writes of Lee Anderson, marked for wider distribution:
“Lee Anderson is everything that is wrong with the Conservative brand presently. He seems to rejoice in deliberately provoking and making aggressive simplistic statements that fail to recognise the complexities of the issues facing the country, If this is the new Tory party, many will be forgiven for deserting it.”

tavyred

Tory MP writes of Lee Anderson, marked for wider distribution:
“Lee Anderson is everything that is wrong with the Conservative brand presently. He seems to rejoice in deliberately provoking and making aggressive simplistic statements that fail to recognise the complexities of the issues facing the country, If this is the new Tory party, many will be forgiven for deserting it.”
Caroline Nokes MP? 🤣

Grecian2K

Caroline Nokes MP? 🤣
Eh????
Please give your workings.

tavyred

Eh????
Please give your workings.
Just a guess G2K, she was on politics live yesterday and did not hide in any way her disdain for our Lee.
If we’re witnessing the dog days of blue collar Toryism, it’ll be interesting see where characters like Anderson end up.

Grecian2K

Just a guess G2K, she was on politics live yesterday and did not hide in any way her disdain for our Lee.
If we’re witnessing the dog days of blue collar Toryism, it’ll be interesting see where characters like Anderson end up.
The political carpet-bagger will probably end up trying to grovel his way back into Labour party favour now his comfy little Ashfield seat is at risk. 🤮

Alistair20000

I tend to lean left on tax and spend, but even I know that if folks want decent well funded public services it has to come primarily via hard choices on what we spend our money on. Cutting tax evasion and squeezing the rich until the pips squeak (and they inevitably feck off) in a £3 trillion sized economy is akin to a rounding error.
I don’t sense the potential incoming labour government is interested too much in making those hard choices, they must have spent that non doms cash 10 times already and their Defence chap is giving a speech today on building up our military again.
Tax and spend ends up in tears when you run out of other people's money to spend. As this "Tory" government has found out to its cost.

Rachel and Sir Keith will have to face up to the hard choices if and when they win. I have seen nothing so far to suggest they have any answers. The Great British Energy Company will simply absorb vast amounts of money much of which will be wasted. The money lost on HS2 will pale into significance.

Anyone remember the useless National Enterprise Board that the disastrous Labour government of 1974/79 brought in which threw money at basket case businesses ?

Mr Jinx

Anyone remember the useless National Enterprise Board that the disastrous Labour government of 1974/79 brought in which threw money at basket case businesses ?
They had businesses in the seventies? Even Thomas Cook was state owned. Who'd want to be a UK CEO when 98% of your hard earned would be gobbled up by hmrc?