• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the problems is those that present the news want to be the news themselves, Piers Morgan is a great example, He always thought he was bigger than GMB, Well TBH mate, No one has touched you since you left and now you back in bed with Murdouch on TalkTV, Which will have just as small audience as other online/Digital news services, I know harping back but you could trust the news readers, They just did that, Read the new without any slant at all. We all know mainstream news is on the wane and people get a lot of their news online, I think people like ITV, BBC, C4 etc should explore this more or just fade away.
Yes it is one of the problems but, to me, a symptom rather than a cause.
Piers Morgan keeps getting the gigs because he pulls in an audience.
He's done his stint at CNN and now he's full in with Rupert Murdoch.
He would big himself up as 'nobody's stooge' but I see him as a latterday Grouch Marx when playing Otis B Driftwood.

angelic upstart

Piers plays a character when he's doing his thing on Twitter or TV.
Personally, I'm not keen on characters that aren't natural when it comes to news. I'm more of a substance over style man. Most things political are far more complex than we like to believe they are.

tonykellowfan

Research has proven that the more you watch or listen to the news the more you paranoid about bad things happening you become. People who consume a lot of news vastly over estimate the odds of bad things happening both to them and to society as a whole.

24 hour news and social media has only made this worse.

DB9

Some good news this morning, Ford are to invest hundreds of millions of pounds in their plant at Halewood near Merseyside, The money will be used to manufacture components for their electric vehicles, Safe guarding 500 jobs and with more to come and the future of the plant. 👍

Alistair20000

Some good news this morning, Ford are to invest hundreds of millions of pounds in their plant at Halewood near Merseyside, The money will be used to manufacture components for their electric vehicles, Safe guarding 500 jobs and with more to come and the future of the plant. 👍
I blame Brexit

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny that none of the brexiteers responded when Intel decided not to site their new factory here, explicitly because of brexit.

tonykellowfan

It would be exceptionally naive to assume that nothing bad would happen as a result of brexit. There will clearly be some negative effects.

tavyred

Funny that none of the brexiteers responded when Intel decided not to site their new factory here, explicitly because of brexit.
As I remind Elgy periodically on here, Brexit and the UK economy was a primarily a remain narrative therefore it’s a bit rich to criticise leave voters for not referencing the intel decision.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I remind Elgy periodically on here, Brexit and the UK economy was a primarily a remain narrative therefore it’s a bit rich to criticise leave voters for not referencing the intel decision.
You heard it here first, Brexiteers don't care about the economy.

Regardless, since you continue to trumpet every tiny bit of (government subsidised) investment as a victory for Brexit, I think it's only fair we continue to point out the much larger investments we're missing out on because of it.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Allegations today that Johnson and Carrie had a friend stay over at Christmas, breaking lockdown rules. I assume he'll be resigning if it turns out to be true?