• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is she less popular than Gove?
Marginally. Gove has 14%, taking him to no 25. To be fair, only 51% of people have heard of Truss. 90% have heard of Gove.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time to stop the dosh we hand over to the French it seems. Just seen a sky news report where the French police were filmed just watching a large group of illegal immigrants drag a inflatable across a beach and setting off. We’re being taken for mugs. 😡

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Time to stop the dosh we hand over to the French it seems. Just seen a sky news report where the French police were filmed just watching a large group of illegal immigrants drag a inflatable across a beach and setting off. We’re being taken for mugs. 😡
The only mugs were those that voted to "take back control" of our borders. That's going well.

tavyred

The only mugs were those that voted to "take back control" of our borders. That's going well.
Your missing the rather obvious point that we’re taking about the security of the French border here. I was prepared to believe the story from the French that the border is near impossible to police and thus they needed the extra cash to help them do it. This however however puts paid to that particular pack of lies.

Alistair20000

Correct. It is madness to throw money at the French to do this work.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your missing the rather obvious point that we’re taking about the security of the French border here. I was prepared to believe the story from the French that the border is near impossible to police and thus they needed the extra cash to help them do it. This however however puts paid to that particular pack of lies.
Well it is impossible to police, that's pretty obvious. Doesn't mean they'll bother to try of course. I can guarantee we wouldn't.

tavyred

Well it is impossible to police, that's pretty obvious. Doesn't mean they'll bother to try of course. I can guarantee we wouldn't.
Why wouldn’t we?
The pressure would be huge over here to stop the highly dangerous crossings. I can’t imagine a situation where a group of U.K. plod would stand and watch a large group of asylum seekers (inc. small children) walk away and take 15 minutes to get the outboard motor going when they could easily intervene. Heads would roll over here for such dereliction of duty.

angelic upstart

Why wouldn’t we?
The pressure would be huge over here to stop the highly dangerous crossings. I can’t imagine a situation where a group of U.K. plod would stand and watch a large group of asylum seekers (inc. small children) walk away and take 15 minutes to get the outboard motor going when they could easily intervene. Heads would roll over here for such dereliction of duty.
No they wouldn't, and they haven't.
We can't be bothering to police our own border, we prefer to pay others to do it, others that don't care if they leave or stay. What sort of fool would pay for that and think it works?
Laughable.

tavyred

No they wouldn't, and they haven't.
We can't be bothering to police our own border, we prefer to pay others to do it, others that don't care if they leave or stay. What sort of fool would pay for that and think it works?
Laughable.
If it were the UK with a problem with illegal crossings into busy shipping lanes from the UK, you’d have a point.
We don’t, so you don’t.

angelic upstart

If it were the UK with a problem with illegal crossings into busy shipping lanes from the UK, you’d have a point.
We don’t, so you don’t.
If it isn't considered a UK issue why are we paying France in the first place?