Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
When Jo Cox was murdered plenty on the left blamed right wing politicians.
Not "politicians"....more like their so-called supporters.
Just like (sadly, already) some are already trying to flip that coin.
Bad is bad...be it left-v-right, black-v-white, protestent-caltholicz "christian"-v-"muslim".
Some people are just born "wrong"....and, sadly, too many on the sidelines (throughout history) just like to egg them on.

Reactions: DB9

angelic upstart

When Jo Cox was murdered plenty on the left blamed right wing politicians.
She was killed because of her political beliefs. I don't recall conservative politicians being blamed.

Show some respect to the dead politicians and quit the "they did that so it's okay" bs. It's childish, gets nobody anywhere and no one deserves to go to work in the morning and not go home again.

jrg333

And it was rightly called out as BS at the time.
No it wasn't. All sorts of left-wing politicians leapt in to claim that the murder was inspired by Tory rhetoric on Brexit. Please don't try to rewrite history. Some of us actually pay attention to this stuff.

Jess Phillips, Anna Soubry, Paula Sheriff, Yvette Cooper. All of them; all of them claimed that Jo Cox's murder was inspired by Tory, or more specifically 'Brexiteer' rhetoric. The examples are abundant. The idea that their claims were 'called out as BS' is pure revisionism. I can only assume that you're either lying, too young to remember 2016, or you get your news from the most partisan sources possible. The idea that it's been 'called out as BS' to link Jo Cox's murder to the rhetoric of right-wing MPs, now that is some 'BS'...

Hermann

No it wasn't. All sorts of left-wing politicians leapt in to claim that the murder was inspired by Tory rhetoric on Brexit. Please don't try to rewrite history. Some of us actually pay attention to this stuff.

Jess Phillips, Anna Soubry, Paula Sheriff, Yvette Cooper. All of them; all of them claimed that Jo Cox's murder was inspired by Tory, or more specifically 'Brexiteer' rhetoric. The examples are abundant. The idea that their claims were 'called out as BS' is pure revisionism. I can only assume that you're either lying, too young to remember 2016, or you get your news from the most partisan sources possible. The idea that it's been 'called out as BS' to link Jo Cox's murder to the rhetoric of right-wing MPs, now that is some BS...
(y)

angelic upstart

Jess Phillips, Anna Soubry, Paula Sheriff, Yvette Cooper. All of them; all of them claimed that Jo Cox's murder was inspired by Tory, or more specifically 'Brexiteer' rhetoric. The examples are abundant. The idea that their claims were 'called out as BS' is pure revisionism. I can only assume that you're either lying, too young to remember 2016, or you get your news from the most partisan sources possible. The idea that it's been 'called out as BS' to link Jo Cox's murder to the rhetoric of right-wing MPs, now that is some 'BS'...
You sure about that, fella? I recall they all received death threats and asked people/MP's to calm their language but don't recall them specifically blaming MP's for the murder. That said, much time has passed and I've little recollection. I remember the murderer was in the NF or suchlike but that's about it.

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm no fan of Rayner or Labour as you know, but the link isn't even tenuous...it's ridiculous.
As you know public opinion is often driven by perception rather than accuracy or the truth, so it won’t surprise me if AR and Labour are made to pay a political price for her remarks.
One thing is certain she no doubt regrets it now and if she’d known (how could she) that this terrible murder was going to happen a fortnight later she wouldn’t have said it. Which is kind of a good litmus test as to whether she should’ve said it in the first place.