• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
AU.
You’ll be aware of the legislation recently going though parliament to deal with the XR style of protests. That isn’t s reluctance by police to intervene its the result of them being hamstrung by current law. It’s been quite controversial.
By stating that France won’t do anything because it doesn’t affect them, you make my point beautifully.👍.
On your last point I’m in total agreement, rather than spaffing up millions to watch the French old Bill watch illegal and highly dangerous incursions into our waters, there must be homegrown solutions.

Mr Jinx

Time to stop the dosh we hand over to the French it seems. Just seen a sky news report where the French police were filmed just watching a large group of illegal immigrants drag a inflatable across a beach and setting off. We’re being taken for mugs. 😡
Probably the most unsurprising thing I'll hear this week. Why would the French want to keep them in their country when all they want to do is reach these shores to be holed up in a 4 star hotel for a number of months. All courtesy of us, the English taxpayer. And we wonder why the Tories need to do tax grabs!

angelic upstart

It's our govt wasting our money trying to get others to solve our problems. The govt need to find a solution.

Surely it's obvious to anyone that it's not in France's best interest to stop blockades to Calais or police our borders for a few quid.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
AU.
You’ll be aware of the legislation recently going though parliament to deal with the XR style of protests. That isn’t s reluctance by police to intervene its the result of them being hamstrung by current law. It’s been quite controversial.
By stating that France won’t do anything because it doesn’t affect them, you make my point beautifully.👍.
On your last point I’m in total agreement, rather than spaffing up millions to watch the French old Bill watch illegal and highly dangerous incursions into our waters, there must be homegrown solutions.
You've already ignored the fact that the crossing itself isn't illegal. Maybe the French should camp out in Dover to catch the illegal entrants?

I'm sure your ilk, Mr Farage et al, would be delighted with that as a solution.

Brexit Britain at it's best. Get someone else to do it. :ROFLMAO:

tavyred

You've already ignored the fact that the crossing itself isn't illegal.......
I ignored that point because it’s irrelevant. 👍
Apparently the French police didn’t intervene yesterday because they were “outnumbered”. 🙄

elginCity

I ignored that point because it’s irrelevant. 👍
Apparently the French police didn’t intervene yesterday because they were “outnumbered”. 🙄
According to a French interior minister they’ve yet to receive a bean after the £54 million was pledged back in July. Little wonder the French sit on their hands and watch. Suits Vote Leave too. Helps keep the patriot mind on migrants, and hating the French, rather than focus too closely on the chaos unfolding closer to home.

Banksy

So what you’re basically saying in your last para elgin is that we’re up the channel without a paddle.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely the answer is to go fetch these people ourselves, then train them as HGV drivers?

Banksy

Surely the answer is to go fetch these people ourselves, then train them as HGV drivers?
I like your clever plan Baldrick.

Banksy

One thing all this is good for the old nostalgia ( or was that neuralgia) , takes me back to the jolly old seventies with Callaghan and Co. What was it he said ? Boris could certainly learn from him , ‘ crisis what crisis ‘.