• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, He was a Corbyn man, Slowly but surely Starmers moving Corbyn's lot to one side.
Yes good news. All the unionist parties hopefully led by electable people. It needs a communal effort to stand up to the ever more incompetent and nasty SNP. The shenanigans up there over the last couple of weeks have plumbed new depths even by their standards, but no-one notices in this Covid/Trump world and when the PM and SoS for Education keep walking around with letting Smith & Weston's off into their feet.

lamrobhero

Self loathing is not an idea that I have come across before so I have done some research using google:

... Self-loathing is that underlying feeling that we are just not good: not good enough, not good at this, not good at that, not good at – or for –much of anything. ...
... We may try to suppress this feeling of inadequacy by behaving as though we are superior to others; more intelligent, clever, intuitive, or attractive. It’s as though we have to prove that we are the absolute best in order to avoid the torrent of internal abuse waiting to pounce the moment we show any fallibility. ...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

"Fish in UK waters are 'better and happier' since Brexit happened, claims Jacob Rees-Mogg amid claims the British seafood industry is losing £1million per DAY because of new export red tape".

Good to know Rees- Smug is taking the plight of our fisherman seriously.
Remember when the issue of our fishing rights was paramount and not negotiable?

IndoMike

Self loathing is not an idea that I have come across before so I have done some research using google:

... Self-loathing is that underlying feeling that we are just not good: not good enough, not good at this, not good at that, not good at – or for –much of anything. ...
... We may try to suppress this feeling of inadequacy by behaving as though we are superior to others; more intelligent, clever, intuitive, or attractive. It’s as though we have to prove that we are the absolute best in order to avoid the torrent of internal abuse waiting to pounce the moment we show any fallibility. ...
Yes. Referring to others as "self-loathing" when trying to win the argument is a sure sign that the user has lost the argument. It is a weak attempt to belittle the person with whom you are arguing because you don't have the intellect to win otherwise.
There really is no need for one to justify that one is not a "self-loathing liberal" : it just achieves the object of the user : to deflect from the main argument.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Unfortunately that is what the country (52%) chose and we have to live with that.
Ironically many of those UK retirees who set up camp in Spain will have voted for BREXIT. I don't think they realised that
they would become victims of Brexit arrangements. Turkeys voted for Xmas

IndoMike

Would love to see actual corroboration of this story - I can find absolutely nothing on line.
And even you own beloved leader is admitting to "teething troubles" in this, and many other, aspect of Brexit.
Still, in your cosy little world EVERYTHING is bound to be someone elses fault.
#itwozStarmer'sfaultandCorbyn'sandTony
Blair'snottheGovernment's

DB9

Ironically many of those UK retirees who set up camp in Spain will have voted for BREXIT. I don't think they realised that
they would become victims of Brexit arrangements. Turkeys voted for Xmas
Irony can be such karma.

IndoMike

Irony can be such karma.
There's a lot of karma around waiting to be activated.

DB9

There's a lot of karma around waiting to be activated.
I'm hoping there isn't, Now were out I want it to work, Really can't stand the idea of more hassle after a decade of austerity, We just need some "Boring, Steady as she goes"

IndoMike

I'm hoping there isn't, Now were out I want it to work, Really can't stand the idea of more hassle after a decade of austerity, We just need some "Boring, Steady as she goes"
Think you've departed from my meaning a tad. I was more referring to Trump, his family, the yellow- bellied Republican Congresspeople and senators, and those responsible for farking up Britain over the last 10 years, amongst others.
Obviously for the benefit of everyone we want to suffocate Covid. Perhaps when we do the world can focus on undoing all the damage we have done to our planet, if it's not too late. Our kids and grandkids will not forgive our negligence and lethargy regarding this nor will they forgive the naysayers.