• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
My dear Al,

Please could you explain why it's OK for the Tories to choose Etonian leaders who can win in Blyth Valley, for UKIP/Brexit party to be led by a stockbroker alumnus of Dulwich College, yet the Labour Party is not permitted (in your humble opinion) to elect socially mobile son of a South London toolmaker and nurse?
I think you will find that the good folk of Blyth Valley elected a health care assistant to serve as their MP. Don’t think he went to Eton or was ever a stockbroker

arthur

Where is there an Ernie Bevin ?
" not while I'm alive he's not" :)

DB9

Not saying there is anything wrong in it. It was just ridiculous when he fudged and mudged the question whether he was a millionaire or not. Instead of giving the right answer of “yes” and saying “so what.” Politician and lawyer rolled into one. Not a combo that I like. Where is there an Ernie Bevin ?
Al, Most British people do not talk about money, In all the years at work I've never shared with others how much I've earnt, It's just not the way i do things and I'm sure others don't either. I'd imagine he is, He lives in London, His home is bound to be worth over a £1m, He was a barrister, That's not exactly a min wage job, It just doesn't matter as long as he doesn't spout things like "Woah is me, I'm struggling to live" etc

IndoMike

This is a fair, factual and objective view of Johnson's handling of the Corona virus.

tavyred

I've edited the post. My name is Spanky. Please refer to me as that. Holidays await.
You’ll be similarly editing others variations of my name on here I suppose?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
You’ll be similarly editing others variations of my name on here I suppose?
I suppose I'm giving you a polite warning, you suppose what you like.

Alistair20000

Can I still call Indo Mike Indo ?

IndoMike

Can I still call Indo Mike Indo ?
I am honoured.
PS. Why do people keep bringing me into their arguments. I've got enough on my plate already, including bleddy noodles again for dinner.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Have you changed his name? Alistair20000Alistair?

tavyred

Oh dear.
Polite warning for what?
Still waiting for an example from you of me claiming success for the Government’s Coronavirus effort weeks ago BTW.