• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
If they haven't seen it yet I'd send it over to the Gas forum and see what they make of it, I'm sure the responses will be interesting.

andrew p long

Yes, I don't really understand this sentence:

Sadly, it became clear that differences of opinion regarding the balance of the squad and how we should move forward meant that working together would have become frustrating for all concerned.

Surely if he was the manager, he picked the team. End of. If he didn't, then surely that arrangement must have been agreed to before he started. Either way, it does seem like he's trying to wriggle out of much of the blame.
I think he is trying to telegraph that the failure to sign a striker in the January window was not his decision/responsibility

(Gas fans were apoplectic about signing other players for other positions, but not a striker, when it was goals they needed.)

Mr Jinx

I think he is trying to telegraph that the failure to sign a striker in the January window was not his decision/responsibility

OK. But just before joining the Gas he must've known what their shortcomings were, so he should've run getting a new striker (which let's face it is most clubs' wish) past the owners as a priority before signing on the dotted line.

So is he saying they went back on their word? Or that he didn't didn't do his homework on Rovers before joining? Or that he did, but was too afraid to ask the owners the question up front? I imagine it's a mixture, but either way...he's still trying to slip his way out of it isn't he.

I must admit I did have a bit of a chuckle to myself upon seeing their 3-0 win last night.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's fairly standard that former managers issue statements via the LMA. Here's Lampard's when Chelski ditched him https://leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/frank-lampard-statement/.
Looking at the LMA site, reasonably sure the supposed photo of Corny is in fact someone else – possibly Sean McCarthy.

Rosencrantz

Looking at the LMA site, reasonably sure the supposed photo of Corny is in fact someone else – possibly Sean McCarthy.
It does look like McCarthy. Neil McNab looks like the bloke down the pub who lost his winning lottery ticket.

Also, why no entry for Eamo?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes that is McCarthy, I presume he was looking for the goal.

Rosencrantz

Yes that is McCarthy, I presume he was looking for the goal.
Or pasty.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was being linked over the weekend by the local Northampton rag (The Chronicle) to the seat recently vacated by Keith Curle at Northampton Town.

AndyR

Despite the Tisdale line that Rovers "can't score a goal", that he had "nothing in the box" and the line in this statement about there being "differences in opinion regarding the balance of the squad", it appears that his caretaker successor found the knack in the very first game after his sacking, 3-1 winners at home to Pompey!

arthur

Two bits stood out:

"I understand the nuances of operating within a larger hierarchical structure and I have always strived to collaborate with those around me."
i.e. "at Exeter I was in charge and could do what I wanted and no-one held me to account or challenged me. I find it rather difficult when I have to work with people who may disagree with me and/or not think I'm wonderful"

"Coaching and developing players is both my forte and my passion and despite some difficult results the players always listened and gave everything for the team. In the space of only 3 months, I have forged some very strong relationships and will be monitoring their careers closely."
"Despite being sacked twice, I am, contrary to appearances, very good at my job. Please give me another one"