• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So he has always been a Gas supporter? Every day is a school day.
Although he was born in Malta according to Wikipedia he was at Rovers academy 1984-87 then joined the Southampton academy, he signed pro terms with them in 1991 when he was 18.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster

paperclip

Ah, right, it was 'differences of opinion' that caused him to be sacked. So in other words, not his fault. Obviously.:rolleyes:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's almost written in a way that gives the impression he chose to leave.

You were sacked Paul because results were p1$$ poor.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Standard tisdale waffle then. I'm just glad we don't have to put up with that anymore.

IndoMike

It's almost written in a way that gives the impression he chose to leave.

You were sacked Paul because results were p1$$ poor.
Sorry - delayed edit - WiFi hanging

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Ah, right, it was 'differences of opinion' that caused him to be sacked. So in other words, not his fault. Obviously.:rolleyes:
Yes, I don't really understand this sentence:

Sadly, it became clear that differences of opinion regarding the balance of the squad and how we should move forward meant that working together would have become frustrating for all concerned.

Surely if he was the manager, he picked the team. End of. If he didn't, then surely that arrangement must have been agreed to before he started. Either way, it does seem like he's trying to wriggle out of much of the blame.

older-codger

Why has he put this out under the LMA banner? Surely, it was more appropriate direct to Bristol Rovers (maybe even their forum) or the local press? Unless, of course, he is merely pointing out that it wasn't his fault and he would really like to enjoy coaching players of another team!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm struggling a bit with this section:

In a short space of time, I felt a tangible improvement in their performances. They were truly great to coach. The performances they gave in my time as manager were a credit to them. (Especially in my last two when we needed a result so badly).

A tangible improvement in their performances? Regardless of what Tis may have felt, the stark reality is Rovers lost eight, and drew two, of his last 10 games in charge. I guess it's a case of: never mind the results, feel the [not-so] tangible improvement in performances.

As reagrds their performances bing a credit to them, is he including the 6-1 defeat at Accrington in this assessment?

As an aside, I couldn't help noticing Rovers scored three goals last night, which compares favourably to four in their last 10 games under Tis.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why has he put this out under the LMA banner? Surely, it was more appropriate direct to Bristol Rovers (maybe even their forum) or the local press? Unless, of course, he is merely pointing out that it wasn't his fault and he would really like to enjoy coaching players of another team!
I think it's fairly standard that former managers issue statements via the LMA. Here's Lampard's when Chelski ditched him https://leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/frank-lampard-statement/.