• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
FIGHT!

Incidentally, no offense to the Brentford fans on here but I seriously hope they don't go up this season. The chance of Ollie staying with them and becoming a long term Brentford stalwart won't help us at all.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
SELL SELL SELL

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie's got a Scottish fan..........but I hope Charlie is way out with his £10-12 million estimate! :)

IndoMike

Ollie's got a Scottish fan..........but I hope Charlie is way out with his £10-12 million estimate! :)

Brentford just wouldn't sell him for that. Why would they give him away. Living in the past is Charlie.

BerksBee

Yes, I read that and had to chuckle at its naivety. First up, Celtic can't afford him, at least not in terms of matching our valuation. We had a similar scenario with Romaine Sawyers before he eventually went to WBA, again Celtic's offer/valuation was way out on what we wanted. I think we wanted £3-4m, they offered £1-1.5m. So trying to get players half price seems the Celtic way. Secondly, '...before he's on the radar of Prem clubs...', erm, he's been tracked by Prem clubs for some time!

Typical click-bait stuff, move on, nothing to see!

BerksBee

Incidentally, no offense to the Brentford fans on here but I seriously hope they don't go up this season. The chance of Ollie staying with them and becoming a long term Brentford stalwart won't help us at all.
No offence taken, it's a fully understandable position. If I were in your shoes, I'd be the same.

If we don't get promotion this season, I think there's a very real possibility he may go in the Summer if the right offer comes in. I fully expect him to finish right up there in the top of the Championship goalscoring positions as he's currently on course to score 25+ goals this season—that in itself will turn the heads of a lot of Prem clubs. If we do get promotion and I think there's every chance of that happening I think he'll stay and test himself in the Premiership. If he does well, a big move won't be far away and we'd struggle to hang on to him when the big clubs come calling.

So definitely a big ker-ching for you guys within the next couple of years I reckon.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hearing Ollie's on Steve Evans' radar too. Expect a bid any day.

Banksy

I stopped reading when it said they ‘ could nick him for ten to twelve million’ if they move now.Out of touch or what?

DB9

It wo
I stopped reading when it said they ‘ could nick him for ten to twelve million’ if they move now.Out of touch or what?
It would be a step backwards going into Scottish football, Their top league is lower Championship, Upper League one at best, The Championship is much better quality

Andy Holloway

Brentford v QPR;

7 mins
Post update
Brentford 0-0 QPR
Massive appeal for a penalty from the Bees and the home fans!
A long ball forward finds Ollie Watkins, who controls well and gets into the area.
A tangle of legs with Geoff Cameron, and the forward goes down.
Referee John Brooks says there is nothing doing... but QPR can breath a sigh of relief.
You've seen them given, and on first glance it looked a penalty.