• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't you just love it.
A fan who purports to know more about a player, who he at best sees once a fortnight for a short period of time, than a top flight PL Manager and the very experienced scouting team he has around him. Who, will have watched the player, among a myriad of other young players, on numerous occasions before they even expressed any interest in signing him.

As they say; 'You couldn't make it up'!
We've got enough of those on our own esteemed forum. Lol !

IndoMike

An interesting interpretation! Thomas Frank was on audio record recently as having said in response to the question as to why Joe Hardy hasn't made it into the first team: 'He needs to find another club'. I've given you the reasons (or my interpretation of them having seen him play) as to why he may hold that view. You're at liberty to interpret the situation any way you wish!
Don't take any notice of our own Basil Fawlty and associated arse - l+ck+r.
I agree with you. I see Man City released the lad to Brentford : Basil probably knows more about football than Guardiola 😅
Of course it's odd. Couldn't get picked by Brentford but signed by Liverpool because he needs a new start. Man City - Brentford - Liverpool. Odd

Andy Holloway

Don't take any notice of our own Basil Fawlty and associated arse - l+ck+r.
I agree with you. I see Man City released the lad to Brentford : Basil probably knows more about football than Guardiola 😅
Of course it's odd. Couldn't get picked by Brentford but signed by Liverpool because he needs a new start. Man City - Brentford - Liverpool. Odd
I take it you are referring to me with your pathetic and childish remark. Strange how you assume something about me when you've never even met me, let alone know anything about me - or football by the sounds of it! Still, as you obviously fall into the category i refereed to, you can go ahead and slang me off as much as you want, i've been shouted out and insulted by farrrrr worse and violent people than you, bring it on!

BerksBee

Yes, it's an interesting one. I think it's a simple case of what I've mentioned—he hasn't developed into the kind of player we need for our first team. Liverpool are a much bigger and wealthier club than we are and clearly have greater financial and coaching resources. They've seen something in a young player who is a good finisher and they've taken a punt on him in the hope that their larger resources can develop his talent into the kind of player they want. Whether they will or not, remains to be seen.

We have a limited number of B team places and have clearly decided that it's time for him to move on freeing up a space for someone else. There's no point hanging on to players who simply haven't pushed on and developed their game to the extent they're being looked at by the first team. We have another couple of players (Clarke, Field) that have been with the club some time in a similar situation.

BerksBee

Seriously going off at a tangent here for which I apologise, but this article may well explain Liverpool's rather 'odd' signing of Joe Hardy:

Why Liverpool striker signing is all about helping Harvey Elliott, not finding new goal scorer

IndoMike

I take it you are referring to me with your pathetic and childish remark. Strange how you assume something about me when you've never even met me, let alone know anything about me - or football by the sounds of it! Still, as you obviously fall into the category i refereed to, you can go ahead and slang me off as much as you want, i've been shouted out and insulted by farrrrr worse and violent people than you, bring it on!
The Basil Fawlty remark : yes.
If you dish it out you have to be prepared to get it dished back.

Andy_H

The Basil Fawlty remark : yes.
If you dish it out you have to be prepared to get it dished back.
As must you.

IndoMike

As must you.
Absolutely. I get my fair share 😆

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Similar to the career progression of Ryan Loft who was signed by Leicester from Spurs, despite only playing 45 minutes in our first team when on loan with us - I see he is now on loan at Carlisle where he is mostly warming the bench.

IndoMike

By the way, I'm not violent. Don't you think you've overreacted slightly.?