• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Ollie did go to Sheffield United (or Southampton) would it be the first time a player has played for three teams wearing red and white stripes??

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll guess at Chris Kamara. Stoke, Brentford and Sheff Utd. Could be wrong about Brentford mind.

BerksBee

I'll guess at Chris Kamara. Stoke, Brentford and Sheff Utd. Could be wrong about Brentford mind.
It's a good guess, Chris Kamara did indeed play for Brentford, 1981 - 1984, I remember watching him play. In fact, I think he played more games for Brentford than any of his other sides.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a good guess, Chris Kamara did indeed play for Brentford, 1981 - 1984, I remember watching him play. In fact, I think he played more games for Brentford than any of his other sides.
More league games for Swindon (234) than Brentford (152) but in two spells. 778 first team games in total, I'd never have guessed so many.

BerksBee

With the benefit of hindsight of course, perhaps we should have negotiated harder with Stockley/his agent for a higher buyout figure to be included.
That's easier said than done. I obviously don't know the particular situation with that player, but I do know that initial and contract extensions will invariably include a release fee and will be agreed and signed on that basis. So any retrospective negotiation is impossible. I remember Alan Judge (pre leg break injury) refusing to sign a contract extension for this very reason—he felt the release fee was too high.

STURTZ

Remember watching Brentford v City with Kamara playing, "concentration and composure" was his pre match shout, other than that I can't even remember the score!

Also remember Lammie Robertson getting sent off twice v Brentford and similarly they had a full back called Dick Renwick who was a dirty person and got sent off twice against us!

We had some feisty games!

Last edited:

CC

If Ollie did go to Sheffield United (or Southampton) would it be the first time a player has played for three teams wearing red and white stripes??
Didn't we sign a certain Steve Neville from Southampton and then sell him to Sheff Utd?

Exehausted

I remember in the 70's a match at Brentford where a dog got onto the pitch and chased the ball. It was played back to the keeper, who was allowed to pick it up from a pass back in those days. The dog kept running and crashed into the goalies leg, laying him out. Everyone thought it was funny and it got a lot of coverage at the time. Sadly though I'm sure that it finished his career. Perhaps one of our Brentford friends can confirm this?

STURTZ

Wasn't that Chic Brodie?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't that Chic Brodie?
It was indeed.