• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw a photo of the Robotham injury, his leg bending forward from the knee as he went over some lummock of a Div 4 goalkeeper. Jack's injury didn't look any way near as bad, can't tell with knees though.

Grecian2K

I've a recollection that Dazza's came at home to Peterborough while Beery"s was away at Shrewsbury.
(Mind you - usual disclaimer. I could very well be wrong!)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dazza's was defo Peterborough the photo in the Plimuff Greendependent is implanted on my brain - horrifying

IndoMike

I know its going back a bit but remember Darren Robotham for us? Had a chance of a big move then got injured, never the same
Deleted Error

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep different times Sturtz, Nowadays i reckon Darren would have recovered from his injury much quicker and as good as before, Medical procedures have come a long way
Didn't Rowbottom rupture his cruciate? Having had the injury myself its always been a long recovery and still is today.

DB9

Didn't Rowbottom rupture his cruciate? Having had the injury myself its always been a long recovery and still is today.
I can't remember exactly the injury but just using it as an example of us on the cusp of a big deal back then and that after the injury the deal didn't happen and Darren was never the same football wise.

Positive spin

I thought this was the Ollie topic but for some reason it seems to have become an opening for budding Casualty script writers
Let’s get back on topic and celebrate all things Ollie the local lad who has done good.

Banksy

O.k then .

BerksBee

Brentford boss Thomas Frank reiterating some of the thoughts already posted on here about Watkins leaving in January:

'Frankly no player will leave Brentford': Bees boss Thomas Frank insists £20m Aston Villa target Said Benrahma and £25m-rated Crystal Palace suitor Ollie Watkins will stay at Championship side

As we all know, if a big London Premiership club come in with an offer that matches our valuation he'll be off faster than he can 'See you later alligator' but the chances of that happening imo are slim to none. They've priced him at a price point that makes it a risk/gamble for any club taking him on for the simple reason that he's untried and untested at that higher level. He's happy where he is, he's enjoying his football, a regular first team place and scoring goals. That's a lot to give up for the sake of 6 months and there's also the very real possibility he may be playing Premiership football next year anyway!

geoffwp

Whether Watkins stays or leaves is something we will find out soon enough. What I do believe is what most footballers say to the media and what they privately think are probably very different things. That is likely to be true of most people. He is hardly going to be saying 'I want out of here' even if he does dream of playing at the top. That isn't going to go down well with club or fans. If a club wants him and meets Brentfords valuation I would think he'd be off quicker than you could speed dial your best friend. Yes he might very well be happy and the club might win promotion, but given a certainty would he say no? To paraphrase Eminem, if you had one shot, one opportunity, would you grab it or let it slip?