• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

wiveygrecian

Good days mate...Though we got to Stockport at around 5.30 & were soon supping in a pub.
The coppers were expecting the coach to turn up at Edgley Park,not to be parked outside a pub in Stockport High St.

The late arrival you are thinking about was the next season,NYD 1989,we did another double header.
Forest in the afternoon & Stockport in the evening,it was very busy getting the coach away from the City Ground(Forest beat Everton 2-0) which made the time tight getting to Stockport.

It would be nigh on impossible to do those sort of games at top flight teams now..Happy days 😁
Ah yes that was it got my years mixed up !! The good old days ! Can’t even do any matches now let alone two in an afternoon and evening!!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah yes that was it got my years mixed up !! The good old days ! Can’t even do any matches now let alone two in an afternoon and evening!!
You brought your recorded Fools & Horses Christmas Day Special for the Video player on the trip up.

Don’t ask me what I did last week though 🤣🤣

Great bunch of people on those trips.

wiveygrecian

You brought your recorded Fools & Horses Christmas Day Special for the Video player on the trip up.

Don’t ask me what I did last week though 🤣🤣

Great bunch of people on those trips.
How the hell do you remember some of the stuff you do mate??

Oldsmobile-88

How the hell do you remember some of the stuff you do mate??
I always remember good times mate 😁
I’m the same with my former work colleagues when a old photo from College or work comes out,I can name them all.

Tim Long

I remember coming out of Maine Road and not knowing where the coach was. we approached a policeman who said "go down the ginnel, turn right and another ginnel takes you to the car park". Only Glen Newson had the guts/ sense to say "just one question: what's a ginnel ?"

Oldsmobile-88

12th February 1972
85E41B03-80C5-4216-B5F5-47BA9DED5094.jpeg

fred binneys head

Told you. Parker scoring against Stockport again.

DB9

Over 48k for a Div 3 game at Villa Park, 34k at Norwich and 53k crammed into Highbury to watch Arsenal play Derby.

Colesman Ballz

Over 48k for a Div 3 game at Villa Park, 34k at Norwich and 53k crammed into Highbury to watch Arsenal play Derby.
Villa v Bournemouth was the top of the table clash. Iirc it set the record for the biggest ever attendance in Division 3. It was the great Bournemouth team featuring Bowyer and MacDougall which scored goals for fun.

DB9

Villa v Bournemouth was the top of the table clash. Iirc it set the record for the biggest ever attendance in Division 3. It was the great Bournemouth team featuring Bowyer and MacDougall which scored goals for fun.
Only to be beaten By Sunderland, Can't remember the team they played, Maybe Bradford? Only reason it sticks in my mind it was an episode on "Sunderland Til I Die" on Netflix and they wanted the biggest ever attendance for a third tier match on Boxing day a couple years ago.