• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

October/March International break

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yikes! On the optimistic side
a) we only play one game (Saturday 23rd March) in that time so the Finns might be back from the Tuesday 26 game in time for the Good Friday game 29 March or
b) Ampadu does the business to help knock out Finland on Thursday 21st in Cardiff and Sinisalo is back with us the following day - so only Niskanen misses the Saturday game or
c) Luke Harris gets called up for Wales as well, so our game on Saturday 23rd March gets called off.
Sorry, why would we have Sinisalo and not Niskanen if they lose to Wales?

Nigel E

Unless I'm missing something, the weekend of March 23rd and the weekdays either side of it are a full international break. It's not just the Euro play-offs that are on that week. England and many other national sides have organised friendlies. The England and Wales u21 sides also have fixtures.

There must be a strong chance of the Orient match being a fixture casualty as a result.

grecIAN Harris

Unless I'm missing something, the weekend of March 23rd and the weekdays either side of it are a full international break. It's not just the Euro play-offs that are on that week. England and many other national sides have organised friendlies. The England and Wales u21 sides also have fixtures.

There must be a strong chance of the Orient match being a fixture casualty as a result.
I hope not because London a Tuesday night isn't going to happen.

Nigel E

I hope not because London a Tuesday night isn't going to happen.
Yes, I'm holding off booking travel for now.

andrew p long

Sorry, why would we have Sinisalo and not Niskanen if they lose to Wales?
all a bit obscure/unlikely to be relevant etc but (in answer to your sensible question).. if 95 minutes are played on Thursday night Sinisalo would be fit for Saturday because either a ) he was only on the bench on Thursday or b) if he did play 95 minutes on Thursday then as a keeper he'd still be fit to play 95 minutes 36 hours later. Contrast Niskanen who when fit has started for Finland - if he plays 95 minutes on Thursday evening then (and taking into account he's not long returned from injury) he is unlikely to be fit for a full game on Saturday afternoon.

And as to Nigel E's point about it being a full international weekend, I did take that into account but we've previously had our game called off due to our having other international call ups as wells the Finns . However, I'm not counting on Muskwe, Wildschut (even if still with us) or Harper being both fit and selected for international duty. No idea what Orient's likely international call ups are and whether that would lead to the game being off.

Nigel E

And as to Nigel E's point about it being a full international weekend, I did take that into account but we've previously had our game called off due to our other international call ups as wells the Finns . However, I'm not counting on Muskwe, Wildschut (even if still with us) or Harper being both fit and selected for international duty. No idea what Orient's likely international call ups are and whether that would lead to the game being off.
I suspect it will come down to Niskanen, Sinisalo and Harris all being fit, and Niskanen still being selected.

Sinisalo is surely still a pick for the Finnish bench, and Harris will be in one or other of the Wales squads. I suppose there is a chance Niskanen might lose his place if he slips out of our starting line-up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should get the Finland squad announcement today.

denzel

We should get the Finland squad announcement today.
Let's hope they are both picked then

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here we go (my Finnish is not that great so I am guessing whet the tweet is about :))

Information