• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
As you well know, there's only one FTSE 100. ...
Actually, au, I didn't. It was a genuine question. PFE mentioned global business, the AP mentioned British shares. The latter, to my untutored mind, indicated companies entirely started and located within the UK. The former I took to mean the precise opposite. It is not entirely illogical to have multiple tables containing different sets of data for comparison. Hence what was, to my simple self, a reasonable question.

In other news, surprised and impressed by Mrs May thus far.

Last edited:
Actually, au, I didn't. It was a genuine question. PFE mentioned global business, the AP mentioned British shares. The latter, to my untutored mind, indicated companies entirely started and located within the UK. The former I took to mean the precise opposite. It is not entirely illogical to have multiple tables containing different sets of data for comparison. Hence what was, to my simple self, a reasonable question.

There are some big British businesses their too and majority have made large falls but this is balanced by international businesses who take advantage of the weak pound.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's been surprising or impressive thus far? Barring BJ as foreign sec.

tavyred

What's been surprising or impressive thus far? Barring BJ as foreign sec.
The most state educated cabinet ministers since the Atlee government apparently and telling Sturgeon there's no 2nd indyref anytime soon.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
What's been surprising or impressive thus far? ...
I refer you to my earlier post vis-a-vis Mrs M.

elginCity

telling Sturgeon there's no 2nd indyref anytime soon.
That's as Maybe, but what else did the new PM tell her ? Teaser hadn't even unpacked at No 10 before haring up the A1, the wee lassies were cooking up something in Edinburgh and it wasn't shortbread.

Sturgy has been unable to keep the Krankie smile off her face since Friday, even talked this morning of the possibility of Scotland remaining in the UK. WTF !

House of Cards stuff, but of course, Brexit means Brexit.

StroudGrecian

I'll ignore the personal insult.
That said, I was referring not so much about the unfunny website you linked to, but your remarks.
I don't know you but you do present as a bit of a intellectual snob, I'm not necessarily calling you clever though.
So me calling you thick is a personal insult (which you will ignore), whereas you calling me an intellectual snob, but not clever, is......what, exactly?

Back on topic, I must be one of the few lefties that isn't gnashing my teeth about Boris - to me he comes across as a someone who can manage a situation even if he has no overall strategy - his charm will carry him a long way as Foreign Secretary.

The Prime Minister has done well to pack her new cabinet with state school appointees, that is until you actually see who they are, however her decision to axe the climate change ministry is little short of disastrous.

Last edited:

iscalad

So me calling you thick is a personal insult (which you will ignore), whereas you calling me an intellectual snob, but not clever, is......what, exactly?

Back on topic, I must be one of the few lefties that isn't gnashing my teeth about Boris - to me he comes across as a someone who can manage a situation even if he has no overall strategy - his charm will carry him a long way as Foreign Secretary.

The Prime Minister has done well to pack her new cabinet with state school appointees, that is until you actually see who they are, however her decision to axe the climate change ministry is little short of disastrous.
Allegedly the least educated Cabinet since just after the war! Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing.

tavyred

I said you presented as an intellectual snob and not necessarily clever. If I wanted to insult you on a personal level SG style, I'd seek you out and tell you, life`s too short though.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... the wee lassies were cooking up something in Edinburgh and it wasn't shortbread. ...
Indeed, elgin. Still, time will tell.