• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nobody wanting to suggest the Reverend Blair for the job now he is on the come back trail ?

elginCity

Warming to her now, she voted remain [/B]but picked up the mantle anyway
A she-wolf in ewe's clothing. (swear)

Theresa May could lead 'Out' campaign after Nigel Farage says he'd be 'delighted' if she took the role

Avening Posse

Hmm ?, she still voted remain no matter what Mr Farage or certain sections of the media like to portray, so not a rabid "out' person which I suspect would be a disaster in terms of negotiations ?

Terryhall

Hmm ?, she still voted remain no matter what Mr Farage or certain sections of the media like to portray, so not a rabid "out' person which I suspect would be a disaster in terms of negotiations ?
Increasingly the behind-the-scenes thinking is that she was always on the side of "out", but voted expediently to serve her overall political aim, e.g. a chance at the top job - which all worked out rather well for her, I'm sure you'd agree.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Increasingly the behind-the-scenes thinking is that she was always on the side of "out", but voted expediently to serve her overall political aim, e.g. a chance at the top job - which all worked out rather well for her, I'm sure you'd agree.
She was indeed always considered a "Reluctant Remainer", much like her then boss.

Terryhall

She was indeed always considered a "Reluctant Remainer", much like her then boss.
Yep, and Corbyn too. There was a real ideological imbalance between Leave and Remain in that respect - to my mind it felt like many of the "familiar faces" on the Remain campaign were there because they felt like they ought to be or that it was the right political move, but that their heart simply wasn't in it - as opposed to Leave where I got the impression they were there because they genuinely believed it to be the right thing.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, and Corbyn too. There was a real ideological imbalance between Leave and Remain in that respect - to my mind it felt like many of the "familiar faces" on the Remain campaign were there because they felt like they ought to be or that it was the right political move, but that their heart simply wasn't in it - as opposed to Leave where I got the impression they were there because they genuinely believed it to be the right thing.
Yes - indeed Corbyn campaigning (I use the term VERY advisedly in his case) for Remain was the biggest volte face of the lot given his strident opposition to the EU before assuming the leadership.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, how did she actually vote on the ballot paper?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So, how did she actually vote on the ballot paper?
Picked up a pencil, and put a big "X" in the appropriate box to make her selection, I assume.

Spoonz Red E

Picked up a pencil, and put a big "X" in the appropriate box to make her selection, I assume.
She got dispensation to write "I, Teresa may vote to remain"