• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come off this intellectual snobbery bull****. People should be listening to people who actually have a clue what they are talking about.
More intellectual snobbery. You Chaps can`t help yourselves.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Come off this intellectual snobbery bull****. People should be listening to people who actually have a clue what they are talking about.
The left's "Metropolitan Elite" problem in a nutshell.

More intellectual snobbery. You Chaps can`t help yourselves.
So who should we listen to then?

If you need an operation, who operates? you have 3 choices : 1) Man on the street who says he knows how to open up bodies 2) Nigel Farage 3) A surgeon, an EXPERT who has several years of training and education

If you are about to face trial for a crime, who do you get represent you? 1) Man on the street who says he has plenty of experience in the Courts as a defendant 2) Nigel Farage or 3) A Barrister, an EXPERT on the law with several years of training and education/

This is the issue though, those campaigned for Brexit were also the elite. Boris (Alexander Boris De PFeffel Johnson) , Michael Gove, Nigel Farage , Chris Grayling , ALL ELITE.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This is the issue though, those campaigned for Brexit were also the elite. Boris (Alexander Boris De PFeffel Johnson) , Michael Gove, Nigel Farage , Chris Grayling , ALL ELITE.
I suspect you need to look up the term "Metropolitan Elite".

I suspect you need to look up the term "Metropolitan Elite".
I was concentrating on the 'Elite ' side. I would even class myself as the 'metropolitan elite' . Actually I am not left-leaning nor liberal. I just don't believe in this ****e in terms of the European Union, compared to most I have not relied on the Daily Mail , Express or The Sun to get my knowledge..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was concentrating on the 'Elite ' side. I would even class myself as the 'metropolitan elite' . Actually I am not left-leaning nor liberal. I just don't believe in this ****e in terms of the European Union, compared to most I have not relied on the Daily Mail , Express or The Sun to get my knowledge..
Don't worry PFE, a former pupil of St James School can't qualify as a member of the Liberal elite.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Daniel Hannon described things well as "The working classes vs the smirking classes".

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Daniel Hannon described things well as "The working classes vs the smirking classes".
Andrew Neil called it an "English Peasants Revolt".

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He didn't.

Is he part of the anti-intellectualism that pervades so much of the right, and especially UKIP. I wonder if he's anti-science as well. He wrote some utter nonsense on social media during the referendum, had him marked down as part of Project Hate.

Last edited: