• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ha ha CB, so you can determine the accuracy of the Remainers' predictions after two weeks? I'm not sure any of them said the recession would happen within 14 days did they? Much investment is being delayed already - whether huge business decisions or individuals pulling out of house purchases - this will have a significant impact on the economy, but hasn't yet.

elginCity

by the time we are finally free in 2 plus years time, I reckon the exchange rate against the Euro will be far into positive territory !
...and if it isn't immediately, that'll obviously make you a big fibber, and full of woppers !

StroudGrecian

What a load of twaddle, so what happened to the Armageddon promised by the Remainers ? Ok so the speculators and financial predators, as usual attempted to make a fast buck or too, but the FTSE has now bounced back to a record high since 2008, and by the time we are finally free in 2 plus years time, I reckon the exchange rate against the Euro will be far into positive territory !

If you ever believe what any politician says you are clearly deluded ! The first thing MPs of all political allegiances did was stab each other in the back and indulge in a frenzy of power grabbing, the only thing they care about are their miserable little selves. Even the normal admirable Ben Bradshaw was one of the first to put the knife in, before revealing that along with just Blair, Bush and the US Arms Industry, that he still thinks the Iraq War was justifiable !

Get over it, and stop showing yourself up as just a rather sad, and sore loser.
:) Calm down dear, it's only an opinion. You do know that in a democracy we are entitled to protest? I intend to exercise that right until a final decision is made - the results of the referendum are not binding, after all.

Politicians are generally a rum lot but they are not all despicable. However, Ben Bradshaw as the Blairest of the Blairites has behaved badly IMHO and earns no respect from me, sad to see that the majority of the PLP are as you say in it for themselves rather than willing to embrace a new type of politics that the vast majority of Labour party members clearly want.

As others have said, it's way too early to be calling judgement on Remain perdictions, whereas Brexit bull**** is laid bare for all to see.

I'd have preferred it to be the other way around, but this situation gives a modicum of cheer.

StroudGrecian

This made me chuckle - know the feeling!

tavyred

This made me chuckle - know the feeling!
Ah, the sort of intellectual snobbery that drove millions to vote for Brexit.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, the sort of intellectual snobbery that drove millions to vote for Brexit.
I remember when the Daily Mash used to be funny.

Mr Jinx

Latest Gossip: Hammond chancellor, Greening foreign, Rudd home, Milton chief whip, Grayling Brexit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, while Cameron's term in office was marked by u-turns, May's appointment of Boris will show that she'll be marked by acts of comedy.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, while Cameron's term in office was marked by u-turns, May's appointment of Boris will show that she'll be marked by acts of comedy.
Before his office chair was even warm, I recall you saddling Cameron with the name "Camoron."

What name have you got lined up for Mrs May?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Before his office chair was even warm, I recall you saddling Cameron with the name "Camoron."

What name have you got lined up for Mrs May?
Only because Jason does it!

Mayhem fits quite nicely. She deserves no respect on the appointment of Boris.