• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

News Story of the week (a humorous look at the news)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could mean problems ahead for Al and his Prediction Thread committee.
After no fuel in Tescos in Seaton yesterday this news is very serious.

angelic upstart

Who in their right mind would provoke Mike Tyson? Anyway, this made me laugh.

Avening Posse

The Sydney Morning Herald (for those unaware a serious newspaper) have reported that Lord Lucan has been found living in a Buddhist commune in Brisbane :unsure:

Oldsmobile-88

The Sydney Morning Herald (for those unaware a serious newspaper) have reported that Lord Lucan has been found living in a Buddhist commune in Brisbane :unsure:
I remember when the Labour MP for Walsall,John Stonehouse disappeared in Florida after going swimming in Dec 1974. He had financial problems, went to Aus on a fake passport,was arrested after a week or so by the police who thought he was Lord Lucan.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember when the Labour MP for Walsall,John Stonehouse disappeared in Florida after going swimming in Dec 1974. He had financial problems, went to Aus on a fake passport,was arrested after a week or so by the police who thought he was Lord Lucan.
I wonder if there has ever been a tv drama about that incident ?
Stonehouse was compromised by the Czech secret service in the 1950s..A two way mirror on the ceiling, you can guess the rest 😎

iscalad

I wonder if there has ever been a tv drama about that incident ?
Stonehouse was compromised by the Czech secret service in the 1950s..A two way mirror on the ceiling, you can guess the rest 😎
Stonehouse: cast, plot, real story, and all you need to know | What to Watch

Oldsmobile-88

Grecian2K

Pet skunk missing in Devon village - BBC News
Police are reported to be on the scent.

Grecian2K

No sh!t, Sherlock!
And in other breaking news, a Professor Isaac Newton has discovered that his new invention (gravity) can make apples fall onto the heads of the unwary

Tim Long

No sh!t, Sherlock!
And in other breaking news, a Professor Isaac Newton has discovered that his new invention (gravity) can make apples fall onto the heads of the unwary
Yep, it's silly season and the papers cover the results of years of academic research to confirm the bleeding obvious.