• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

Grecian Ed

What was their previous transfer record?

bimmerman2023

Best of luck to him. Good move to the championship for him with a coaching team that got the best out of him

We get funds to keep the club ticking over and a bit to sign a replacement

Reckon when James Scott is back he'll lead the line, with aichison and Mitchell/harper tucked in either side.

Bring in a cheap rotation option and push sonny to be the best he can be

UTC!!!

i8cornwall

Sad to see but buzzing for the building works that come off the back of this.

God I just love building projects at city!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I may be the only fan who never really rated Nombe as highly as most. He was powerful, quick and clinical. But he was also lazy, and when he had an off day, it effected the entire team because of his at times, stinky attitude. I genuinely believe we can get a better replacement in, and I think the club also believe this too.

Otherwise we'd never have sold, because I reckon we are in a position now to turn down this money, especially a few days before the window closes. But we would never have done so unless GC believes we can improve the squad.

I have absolute and complete trust in this manager.
Astounded by this. One of the least lazy strikers I've ever watched.

Memphis09

Best of luck to him. Good move to the championship for him with a coaching team that got the best out of him

We get funds to keep the club ticking over and a bit to sign a replacement

Reckon when James Scott is back he'll lead the line, with aichison and Mitchell/harper tucked in either side.

Bring in a cheap rotation option and push sonny to be the best he can be

UTC!!!
I am afraid Scott is not good enough to lead the line
Play him just behind or in a wider yes
That’s the role that suits him the best

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I may be the only fan who never really rated Nombe as highly as most. He was powerful, quick and clinical. But he was also lazy, and when he had an off day, it effected the entire team because of his at times, stinky attitude. I genuinely believe we can get a better replacement in, and I think the club also believe this too.

Otherwise we'd never have sold, because I reckon we are in a position now to turn down this money, especially a few days before the window closes. But we would never have done so unless GC believes we can improve the squad.

I have absolute and complete trust in this manager.
Hmm. Powerful? Yes. Quick? Yes. Clinical? I'd say no.

The lazy comment is way off, possibly the least lazy striker I've seen, chases everything and how many times does he win lost causes or get to the ball when it's 70/30 against him?

He's been great at ECFC, I've loved watching him but this is probably the best for all parties - as long as we can adequately replace him.

JayPob94

Astounded by this. One of the least lazy strikers I've ever watched.
I know. Game of opinions and only going off what I've seen - obviously isn't most as I'm in Scotland. But every time I've seen us, expecially in the defensive phase of play, we sometimes may as well be playing with ten men.

Attacking wise, he's a level above us.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Players come and players go
Sam has left and now we know.

We'll follow your exploits up at the Millers
Whose fans will be hoping for lost of net fillers.

Now we await for your slot to be fillled
And hope that we end up being properly thrilled.

Lets get a live wire in and not a zombie
We'll need someone decent to replace Mr. Nombe.

The early season is shaping up well
So let's give our opponents a living hell.

Let's next go up to Burton-on-Trent
Get a couple early and don't relent.

The City fans will be loud and proud
Give it everything and sing out loud.

Come back with all three points please, if you're able.
With them in the bag we could be top of the table!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or we wouldn't want him going out without someone coming in. If we don't get someone in, presumably he'll be staying.
Not sure whether this was a whoosh or you had a bang on the head :)

haka

Never mind Rotherham's record fee, will we pay ours?

Anyway, thanks to Sam Nombe for all he did, great memories of course, but he was always going to leave. Time to look ahead. It's been a longer goodbye than Lord of the Rings.