• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume the Nombe deal is done but announcement delayed as we wouldn't want this going out without something coming in?
Or we wouldn't want him going out without someone coming in. If we don't get someone in, presumably he'll be staying.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or we wouldn't want him going out without someone coming in. If we don't get someone in, presumably he'll be staying.
Can see this being the likely situation.

denzel

Hadn't thought of that. But imagine if you are having to stay because we couldn't get a deal with some bloke from Southend over the line.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hadn't thought of that. But imagine if you are having to stay because we couldn't get a deal with some bloke from Southend over the line.
Isn't that what happened with Ryan Bowman? A bid came in for him right at the end of the January transfer window which the club turned down because they didn't have time to sign a replacement, much to Ryan's disappointment.

milts

I doubt that. Can’t see us stopping Nombe leaving because we can’t get someone in.

I suspect Nombe deal is done and the Rotherham media team are doing their thing. Will be announced later I expect.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary Caldwell has already said that we have accepted bids for players. Don't think it would be a good look if we backed out now.

iscalad

Gary Caldwell has already said that we have accepted bids for players. Don't think it would be a good look if we backed out now.
Doesn't mean the player has accepted a deal.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are all assuming it’s Rotherham because of KMT. However GC did say a couple of bids so it’s up to Big Sam and his agent to sort out which one is best for him. Might not be the one we anticipate but from what GC has said as far as ECFC are concerned he is no longer available unless………

Memphis09

Looking at his record not very inspiring
I am sure GC knows more than me lol 😆

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It also wouldn't be a good look if we let him go and only had Sonny Cox as a recognised striker.