• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rotherham are about to announce a signing.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was their previous transfer record?

MerleyRed

Good luck to you Sam. I hope all goes well for you at your new club and thanks for what you have done for ECFC.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well glad that’s sorted and good luck to him! He’s been superb for us and deserved the move.

Now for some incomings please!

jimbo-gould

From GC “There will be a replacement coming, but more importantly the transfer allows us to strengthen the squad overall and provide us with more depth.”

I wonder if like when Wheeler left late in the window, most of the funds went towards new players we could find herself in a similar situation here. Could be an exciting end to the window.

Good luck Sam. Love how GC has reiterated again that no player is bigger than the club. Sad to see him go but best for both parties at this point. Let’s hope we can get a few in now.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Undisclosed... counting down to that debate again in 3 - 2 - 1...

JayPob94

I think I may be the only fan who never really rated Nombe as highly as most. He was powerful, quick and clinical. But he was also lazy, and when he had an off day, it effected the entire team because of his at times, stinky attitude. I genuinely believe we can get a better replacement in, and I think the club also believe this too.

Otherwise we'd never have sold, because I reckon we are in a position now to turn down this money, especially a few days before the window closes. But we would never have done so unless GC believes we can improve the squad.

I have absolute and complete trust in this manager.

Memphis09

Undisclosed... counting down to that debate again in 3 - 2 - 1...
Yes should never be allowed end of