• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m still not exactly sure what a marquee player is but, however, you define it, Nombe seems to be fitting the bill so far.
If you're not sure you should canvas opinion.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great that Sam loves to score and will have a go from anywhere, but sometimes feel that he does have better options.

sign of the chimes

Nombe looks like a textbook Exeter City signing. He must have made almost as many EFL starts for you as he had elsewhere across his professional career - and scored more goals than he did at the Franchise.

I think I said on here back in August that I was intrigued to see how he'd do as he was one I wondered if Pompey might take a punt on. In hindsight, I think even if we had been, you were absolutely the right move for the player. It does seem that in addition to your impressive academy production line that you also have a bit of niché as a club for players with a lot of potential who need somewhere to consistently play and show their attributes (the likes of Williams and Stockley come to mind immediately). Not a bad reputation to be building up - given it will likely make you an even more attractive proposition for players in the future. By contrast if he'd come to Fratton Park I suspect he'd have found himself in a familiar situation to those he was in before. We're a million miles behind you in terms of having a deliverable 'model'.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe looks like a textbook Exeter City signing. He must have made almost as many EFL starts for you as he had elsewhere across his professional career - and scored more goals than he did at the Franchise.

I think I said on here back in August that I was intrigued to see how he'd do as he was one I wondered if Pompey might take a punt on. In hindsight, I think even if we had been, you were absolutely the right move for the player. It does seem that in addition to your impressive academy production line that you also have a bit of niché as a club for players with a lot of potential who need somewhere to consistently play and show their attributes (the likes of Williams and Stockley come to mind immediately). Not a bad reputation to be building up - given it will likely make you an even more attractive proposition for players in the future. By contrast if he'd come to Fratton Park I suspect he'd have found himself in a familiar situation to those he was in before. We're a million miles behind you in terms of having a deliverable 'model'.
Thanks for you're kind words Pompey Chimes. My Devon Blues mate keeps telling me that you are after MJ - please pay a decent sum if you do ! PUP

sign of the chimes

Thanks for you're kind words Pompey Chimes. My Devon Blues mate keeps telling me that you are after MJ - please pay a decent sum if you do ! PUP
I wouldn't have been surprised to see us make a move in the last window if we'd lost one of our first choice attacking midfielders; but from the bits I've seen and heard this season, I suspect he'll have more attractive suitors than us next summer.

eurogrecian

Great that Sam loves to score and will have a go from anywhere, but sometimes feel that he does have better options.
True enough, but that's 'in-form striker' syndrome. He fancies himself from any range or position. That's fine with me.
He looks very hungry and he's been a great signing so far.

Trapdoor

He looks very hungry
Is he sharing a flat with Pierce Sweeney?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was a good goal against Newport County

paperclip

Some great camera angles there, especially the first one. Possibly not the best defending ever, but Nombe still had a lot to do before getting his shot away. Can't imagine many defenders would relish playing against a combination of Edwards, Brown and Nombe, looking at that!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 23rd birthday Sam 🎂🎂🎂