• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

tonykellowfan

Makes me laugh when people go on about Norwood.

After he left us he spent 7 years in non league.

dontpassback

No goals in four games as a nineteen year old, what's Seymours record like then?

If the Mars bar was the problem then it's probably the most over rated Mars bar since Marianne Faithful's tryst with Mick Jagger! (google it).
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Norwood's weakness was his attitude until the penny dropped after dropping down the league's again. Mackie's strength was his attitude which maximised his talent and potential.

grecIAN Harris

Certainly has never become an established premiership player, unlike Jamie Mackie.:unsure:

Norwood's weakness was his attitude until the penny dropped after dropping down the league's again. Mackie's strength was his attitude which maximised his talent and potential.
And therein lies the difference which was never in question.

Pobbop

Makes me laugh when people go on about Norwood.

After he left us he spent 7 years in non league.
It's more bizarre, when Norwood himself admits his attitude wasn't right at the time. he had to go, shame as he was clearly a talent from when we saw him on the pitch against Leeds running at them, but he again admits that was what he thought he deserved from then on, and didn't work at it.

Andy_H

And therein lies the problem with a few of our lads in the past, wrong attitude as they progressed up the ladder and in the end it ended badly for them. I could list 4 or 5 who could have gone on to make a decent living from football, but the 'bright lights' and the Exeter club scene proved a stronger draw sadly. Now in their 'dotage' as regards to professional football, i expect they look at some of their contemporaries and think what might have been.
That is a thing of the 'past' i hope now, with the Academy broadening the subjects taught to our new generation of 'starlets'. You only get one chance usually and if you don't take it, then soon it'll be gone and somebody else will fill the void left when you 'drop out'.
Fortunately for Norwood he realised late, but not too late, and has done quite well for himself since that 'light bulb' moment, but others were not so lucky!

malcolms

And therein lies the problem with a few of our lads in the past, wrong attitude as they progressed up the ladder and in the end it ended badly for them. I could list 4 or 5 who could have gone on to make a decent living from football, but the 'bright lights' and the Exeter club scene proved a stronger draw sadly. Now in their 'dotage' as regards to professional football, i expect they look at some of their contemporaries and think what might have been.
That is a thing of the 'past' i hope now, with the Academy broadening the subjects taught to our new generation of 'starlets'. You only get one chance usually and if you don't take it, then soon it'll be gone and somebody else will fill the void left when you 'drop out'.
Fortunately for Norwood he realised late, but not too late, and has done quite well for himself since that 'light bulb' moment, but others were not so lucky!
Bright lights and Exeter...surely an oxymoron of significant proportions... :)

gilbertshoot

Bright lights and Exeter...surely an oxymoron of significant proportions... :)
Yeah, if it wasn't for Timepiece I'd be an astronaut by now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

jimbo-gould

Love the fight and determination he shows for the first goal. For those in attendance did he show much movement off the ball?