• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nards is lazy!

FAN-TATIC

Tx for your response. You made some good points.
I was just referring to the incident yesterday, not his overall demeanor. The fact is that every season hundreds of players get sent off for "mouthing off", and the match is therefore often devalued for the spectator. If Nards had been automatically sin-binned once he had started to "mouth off", then Tis et al might have been able to cool him down. For me, cheating and bad fouls are much worse offenses than swearing at the ref in the heat of the moment. So, for me, sin-binning is the answer.
The fact is we desperately need an in-form Nards with a good attitude this season. I refuse to jump on the anti-Nards bandwagon, but prefer to let Tis and his team sort it out (and quickly), one of the jobs that they are paid well to do.
I concur with your view Mike that it is now up to Tisdale and his coaching staff
to sort Nardiello and our goal scoring / scoring chances problems.

I can also see the logic and the positives of having a 'sin bin' it would have undoubtedly helped yesterday.

My anger at Nardiello has been admiitedly influenced by the fact that I saw Marcus Stewart go up to him on completion of the pre- match warm up and tap the side of Nardiello's head indicating to him to concentrate and stay cool. It was the ignoring of this good advice which angered me most. Clearly the coaches and management have identified a problem with him in this respect.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They were well up for Tuesday though so fingers crossed.
I hope so. We're due a win. Will be interesting to see who starts. I guess Rowan Vine gets to start, so who'll partner him.

pct333

I hope so. We're due a win. Will be interesting to see who starts. I guess Rowan Vine gets to start, so who'll partner him.
I hope that it will be Tom Nichols with Richard Logan as sub. It will more likely be the other way round or, knowing Tis, he will play with one upfront and pack the defence, in the hope of keeping a clean sheet.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
knowing Tis, he will play with one upfront and pack the defence, in the hope of keeping a clean sheet.
More chance of banging_them_in keeping a clean sheet tonight +o(.

ICE

I would like to see Logan start, then if he doesn't perform bring on Nichols.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As reported on the match day thread

2 match ban according to The FA

http://thefa.com/TheFA/~/link.aspx?_id=D6CA03B6740C4E78A1E74E2493E9199B&_z=z[/QUOTE]

Grecian_Jay

Such a shame. Good player who is technically very good. Could be quality for us but something is wrong, maybe lack of motivation or something. As soon as Bauza and O'Flynn are fit (if ever) then he won' get much of a look in anyway.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such a shame. Good player who is technically very good. Could be quality for us but something is wrong, maybe lack of motivation or something. As soon as Bauza and O'Flynn are fit (if ever) then he won' get much of a look in anyway.
The sooner they are back in the side the better, but Nardy will be waiting on the bench and provide competition for a starting place.

With the right service, he can be devastating and at the moment is still our player most likely to get a goal out of either something or nothing. I suspect that he may too hyped up, rather than unmotivated.

STURTZ

Will always be a last 30 minute player, nothing wrong with that and still worth his wages as long as he can do the business in the closing stages.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It's quite simple, if we can get results in the next two games and get goals from either our existing forwards or a new loan or two then nardiello will have to fight for a place from the bench.

If we can't find the goals then he needs to come back in straightaway with the message to put a shift in while avoiding moaning at the officials and his team mates.