• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek 'Impacting ECFC' Fixtures Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would be grateful if some posters could keep those of us who live in the jungle (and have no access to radio commentaries etc) updated with the Newport score..
Indo download the app FlashScores this is an excellent app and gives you a continuous update on scores and league positions throughout all the leagues and major non-leagues down to level eight of the pyramid.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are making all the right noises, but will need to see if it all pans out:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/april/29042019-wild-pre-newport-a-transcript/
A decent and honest appraisal. I warm to Mr Wild.

But Newport have momentum, I'd be happy with a draw which would leave it in our hands. We have more to play for than FGR, they will want to avoid injuries although they will presumably want to win to get a home 2nd leg.

Look further ahead, the race for 2nd and 3rd places will be tasty. If Tranmere beat Bury tonight they and one of MK and Mansfield can leapfrog Bury (both Stags and Dongs can't as they play each other and only a MK win will get them through, a draw will mean Tis loses out on GD unless Bury lose 6-0 at home to Port Vale, unlikely in the extreme.)

If we beat FGR to get into the POs following a Newport draw or loss tonight, we can't then play them again, it'll be one of the other, maybe even Tranmere if they win both games.

I can't remember it being this tight on the last day of the season for ages, though doubtless someone will put me right...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indo download the app FlashScores this is an excellent app and gives you a continuous update on scores and league positions throughout all the leagues and major non-leagues down to level eight of the pyramid.
ok. Thanks SB. I'll try it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Team news should be due soon. Would guess that Oldham's number 17 won't be fit, given how many times he went down injured on Saturday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oldham's team

PeteUSA

Okay, I've been tempted. I've subscribed to iFollow for this game for $7. This really is a must win game for Oldham, as far as we're concerned!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Newport's line up

Oldsmobile-88

Okay, I've been tempted. I've subscribed to iFollow for this game for $7. This really is a must win game for Oldham, as far as we're concerned!
Pete..Is that the cost of all ifollow games that are shown that side of the Atlantic ?

PeteUSA

Pete..Is that the cost of all ifollow games that are shown that side of the Atlantic ?
It is Olds. I'm not sure you can watch iFollow games in the UK without a proxy, although that could be different for a midweek match.

CWH-NYC_

I am also tempted but too many meetings booked, so will rely on you for a running report. We are not even playing and nerves kicking in. Why do we do it? UTC