• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek 'Impacting ECFC' Fixtures Thread

OmanGrecian

Tuesday's matches are of significant importance to City.

Newport v Oldham

Anything but a win for Newport would suit City. A win for Newport would see them leap frog City into the final playoff spot. A draw would see them 1 point behind. Let's hope Oldham aren't on their summer holidays now following their loss to us on Saturday.

Tranmere v Bury
Tranmere aren't home and dry just yet. They are 3 points ahead of City. If Newport were to win on Tuesday and Tranmere were to lose to Bury, both City and Newport can leap frog them on the final game of the season if Tranmere lose their final game. Tranmere have a better goal difference by 4 goals, but 2 losses and a win for City could wipe this out.

It's going down to the wire.

I am now an Oldham and Bury fan for the week.

Temporarily Exiled

Home advantage for both Tranmere and Newport doesn't make me overly optimistic. I think Morecambe away on the final day will pose more problems for Newport – they've been in some very good form of late.

OmanGrecian

Further to the above, Tranmere can also achieve automatics.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Home advantage for both Tranmere and Newport doesn't make me overly optimistic. I think Morecambe away on the final day will pose more problems for Newport – they've been in some very good form of late.
I agree. Can't see Oldham putting up much of a fight, but Morecambe might. And they're near the beach anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm hoping that Tuesday night leaves everything in our own hands.

Alistair20000

I'm hoping that Tuesday night leaves everything in our own hands.
Seconded. (y)

Ashford Grecian

I think Saturday at FGR is going to be like the old days when it was the little transistor radio being held to your ear following the goal news elsewhere!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be a killer to win on Saturday and still not make the PO's. They'll be a few twists and turns yet. Personally I think Newport will miss out. It's a big ask for them.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tuesday's matches are of significant importance to City.

Newport v Oldham

Anything but a win for Newport would suit City. A win for Newport would see them leap frog City into the final playoff spot. A draw would see them 1 point behind. Let's hope Oldham aren't on their summer holidays now following their loss to us on Saturday.

Tranmere v Bury
Tranmere aren't home and dry just yet. They are 3 points ahead of City. If Newport were to win on Tuesday and Tranmere were to lose to Bury, both City and Newport can leap frog them on the final game of the season if Tranmere lose their final game. Tranmere have a better goal difference by 4 goals, but 2 losses and a win for City could wipe this out.

It's going down to the wire.

I am now an Oldham and Bury fan for the week.
Presumably these games are available on iFollow and there will be plenty of City fans logging in to watch,

andrew p long

Presumably these games are available on iFollow and there will be plenty of City fans logging in to watch,
Unfortunately ifollow now only allows you to watch your own teams games IIRC