• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

Ash

So what parts of the squad should he spend it on assuming he’s allocated some?
A centre back and a centre forward are the clear priorities. We look pretty strong everywhere else in my opinion.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree with you Ash however there is little point getting a centre forward in if Taylor still sees Bowman as his main man, it will just be wasted cash as it has been with Ajose and Fisher.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree with you Ash however there is little point getting a centre forward in if Taylor still sees Bowman as his main man, it will just be wasted cash as it has been with Ajose and Fisher.
Depends who he could get, if he wanted a CF

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Matt Taylor and think he is doing a good job however his record with strikers is poor, Bowman is his best signing in that department and he's a 1 in 4 man !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Matt Taylor and think he is doing a good job however his record with strikers is poor, Bowman is his best signing in that department and he's a 1 in 4 man !
although its not possible to determine what sort of record the other strikers have as they rarely play!

Banksy

Depends who he could get, if he wanted a CF
Don’t think his track record in that direction is great , hope he takes advice before doing it. And as someone said previously what to do about Bowman ? Ajose I guess is hopefully moving on at the end of the season.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have felt for a couple of months that we needed to get our senior players performing in order to get the team playing the way Matty wants. Now it appears they are.

I love the attitude and spirit in the side, the pace we can attack with, the goal threats from all over... I just love us at the moment.

However, practice taking corners and pay more attention to your concentration levels chaps and we'll be a real force.

Albumen

He must have his eye on it. Unfortunately the only position in our squad that we don’t have like for like back-up is up front. Seymour and Fisher just not quite there for me. And Ajose is now a midfielder?!?!?
If we spent money on a target man to compete with Bowman someone who scored more than 1 in 4 we would be formidable.
This isn’t me writing Bowman off. I really like him. I just think we need competition.

Grecian Max

So easy to forget that this is MT's first role. The football we are playing now in his third season (after 2 respectable ones) is just superb to watch. I really hope he can get the promotion on his CV that he deserves, I still think we were robbed a bit last year with 9 to go and a sell out Devon derby in the balance.

RE: a new CF - I reckon he will go for someone in Jan. Wouldn't be surprised to see Seymour go back on loan for minutes either, would like to see that happen at Conference level if possible.

Spoonz Red E

Moreover, it's the type of game he described as wanting us to play from his first interview.
He's stuck to it - great stuff.