• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of good stuff has already been said, there are certain things I don't think the manager should be doing such as attending board meetings. I think there should be some sort of separation or else it all becomes a bit too cosy or chummy and the board fail to then look at things objectively.
But surely members of the board will want to ask questions of the manager and appraise him in relation to what his objectives are. Equally a conversation about eg. did he get his January targets. There are loads of reasons and every manager attends board meetings or a lengthy 1-1 with the Chairman it's part of the role.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Herewith some pearls of wisdom. Perhaps ?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Would be interesting to see GC's win rates compared to past ECFC managers.
If the games played since 25.10.23 P20, W6, L8, D6 are added to this and aggregated, the overall win rate comes out at 31.9%, so, fairly consistent it would seem.

ScreenHunter 1665.jpg

Leads

If the games played since 25.10.23 P20, W6, L8, D6 are added to this and aggregated, the overall win rate comes out at 31.9%, so, fairly consistent it would seem.

View attachment 14899
Not quite sure how much weight can be put to these figures- Caldwell's time has exclusively been in a tougher league. You would imagine his win percentage would be a lot higher in L2- although I of course don't want to find out if this is true!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Not quite sure how much weight can be put to these figures- Caldwell's time has exclusively been in a tougher league. You would imagine his win percentage would be a lot higher in L2- although I of course don't want to find out if this is true!
That's true of course, but it would be some task to separate Tisdale's managerial time with us into Conference/L2/L1 win rate performance. It does show, however, that across all of those 3 leagues, his win rate was not spectacular.

Leads

That's true of course, but it would be some task to separate Tisdale's managerial time with us into Conference/L2/L1 win rate performance. It does show, however, that across all of those 3 leagues, his win rate was not spectacular.
Yeh, I'm surprised it was not a bit higher than that!

We8Argyle

The difference is Liverpool can keep and get rid of youth as they please. I bet my bottom dollar if we could keep all our youth we have produced in the last 10 years then we'd have a team that can compete in the Carabo cup and would easily be a top flight championship team

Any youth set up outside of the prem is incomparable to the set ups of the top 6 teams in England.
Exactly. The rules make it way too easy for Prem clubs to poach talent. A few football league clubs have closed their academies as a result.

Colesman Ballz

Exactly. The rules make it way too easy for Prem clubs to poach talent. A few football league clubs have closed their academies as a result.
Brentford were one team that closed their academy, preferring to run an U23 team instead. However with the rule changes requiring all Premier League clubs to run an academy they have been forced to reopen theirs. This rule change will exacerbate the poaching scenario putting further pressure on clubs such as ourselves. The compensation system that currently exists is not fit for purpose and requires radical overhaul.

Average Joe

View attachment 14899

You have to give Paul Tisdale upmost credit, that's a good percentage over 626 games, not only that Paul built an exciting team of forwards with the likes of Nards, Cureton, Fleetwood on loan.

Average Joe

Yeh, I'm surprised it was not a bit higher than that!
I'm not surprised. Our first stint in league one with Paul had some behemoth teams in that league. League one was star studded with quality.