• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nobody wanted Benitez for obvious reasons but the football was dreadful, his tactics and team selections even worse. There's a reason he was managing in the arse end of China.

The chairman should be nowhere near the appointment of a new manager. Potter from Brighton or Lampard would do for me. Rumours of Martinez until the end of the season which given his defensive frailties doesn't inspire confidence

Rosencrantz

Nobody wanted Benitez for obvious reasons but the football was dreadful, his tactics and team selections even worse. There's a reason he was managing in the arse end of China.

The chairman should be nowhere near the appointment of a new manager. Potter from Brighton or Lampard would do for me. Rumours of Martinez until the end of the season which given his defensive frailties doesn't inspire confidence
The only name I would add to those two is Steve Cooper but he might still be too "low profile" for many. If you go for Potter, go for Dan Ashworth as well and let him run the football side without interference. I think it will be difficult getting them out though, especially mid-season.

Whoever it is needs the ability to get the fans inside which is pretty difficult at Everton right now. Winning games always helps though. Don't even ask Rooney the question because he would find it impossible to say no and for all the good job he is doing at Derby under rather extreme circumstances, it is too early.

dontpassback

I think potter is a very good manager,but I can’t see him leaving BHA anytime soon,his next appointment will be taking over from Southgate

Red Devon

Hayden Mullins given the old Heave-Ho from Colchester.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I bet Edwards and Bristol City are peed off about that.

dontpassback

Hayden Mullins given the old Heave-Ho from Colchester.
I wonder if evans ands raynor are lurking in the background?

Antony Moxey

What on earth would you want Lampard for? Unless he’s given an absolute truckload of cash to spend he’s absolutely clueless, and even then he’s hardly set the world on fire so far. He’s basically Benitez but 20 years younger.

grecIAN Harris

What on earth would you want Lampard for? Unless he’s given an absolute truckload of cash to spend he’s absolutely clueless, and even then he’s hardly set the world on fire so far. He’s basically Benitez but 20 years younger.
I think you might need to open your eyes a bit. I don't think you'll find he spent a massive amount of money at Derby. Have a look at the amount of kids at Chelsea who got their chance whilst Lampard was in charge. Maybe it was forced on him a bit but look at where they're all playing now. If they're not still at Chelsea they've gone on to decent clubs elsewhere on the back of getting their chance under Lampard. Of course he eventually spent money at Chelsea after the transfer embargo was lifted but what Chelsea manager hasn't spent $4!tloads of money under Abramovic.

Red Devon

I wonder if evans ands raynor are lurking in the background?
Very much doubt it as I don’t believe there is very much dough to spend there.

Antony Moxey

I think you might need to open your eyes a bit. I don't think you'll find he spent a massive amount of money at Derby. Have a look at the amount of kids at Chelsea who got their chance whilst Lampard was in charge. Maybe it was forced on him a bit but look at where they're all playing now. If they're not still at Chelsea they've gone on to decent clubs elsewhere on the back of getting their chance under Lampard. Of course he eventually spent money at Chelsea after the transfer embargo was lifted but what Chelsea manager hasn't spent $4!tloads of money under Abramovic.
My eyes are open. I stick by what I said. The only reason he got a job in management was his playing career, it had nothing whatsoever - and was proven given his complete and total lack of success - to with any management potential he might have had.