• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

dontpassback

Wilder will end up managing another team,maybe league one or championship and don’t be surprised if he gets them promoted,he is a good manager who knows the leagues and he won’t be out of work for long

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Jackett Required - Gone From Pompey

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
No Jackett Required - Gone From Pompey
According to my Pompey fan friend, Its been coming.

sign of the chimes

According to my Pompey fan friend, Its been coming.
It felt inevitable. The wheels have come off big-style since Christmas. The football has been largely turgid and devoid of much sparkle throughout the four years he's been in post; and I think that meant he and Gallen had less credit in the bank when things did take a turn for the worse.

No caretaker named which suggests there might be someone lined up.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It felt inevitable. The wheels have come off big-style since Christmas. The football has been largely turgid and devoid of much sparkle throughout the four years he's been in post; and I think that meant he and Gallen had less credit in the bank when things did take a turn for the worse.

No caretaker named which suggests there might be someone lined up.
Have the Cowley's been spotted at Fratton station?

sign of the chimes

Not yet, but I expect by this afternoon there will be several names in the frame - some more realistic than the others.

Depending on who we want and who's availble, I wonder whether we might bring someone in until the end of the season and take things from there.

It could be an attractive project for someone as we've a lot of players out-of-contract in the summer, meaning there'll be scope for the new manager to put their own stamp on things quickly.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not yet, but I expect by this afternoon there will be several names in the frame - some more realistic than the others.

Depending on who we want and who's availble, I wonder whether we might bring someone in until the end of the season and take things from there.

It could be an attractive project for someone as we've a lot of players out-of-contract in the summer, meaning there'll be scope for the new manager to put their own stamp on things quickly.
Will be interesting to see if you go down the 'upcoming young manager' route or dip back into the merry-go-round.

sign of the chimes

Will be interesting to see if you go down the 'upcoming young manager' route or dip back into the merry-go-round.
It will. My suspicion is that a permanent appointment will lean towards someone up-and-coming - just as a reaction to what has gone before; though I'm not expecting it to be a complete rookie.

I don't think there were many Pompey fans who didn't think Jackett was the right appointment at the time, given his record elsewhere - and I don't think he'll have done his reputation elsewhere much damage during his time with us.

older-codger

Didn't Tis make a visit for an interview a few years back?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am just a phone call away Chaps