• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am beginning to think that the older I'm getting the more things that annoy me.

Swanaldo

Sea shanties

LOG

Devon Live and others within the group seem to have started to use the word “upcountry” to describe stories they share that aren’t local to the paper. I don't know what northern papers are using. Downcountry, presumably.

Anyway, isn't it up-country? I don't know but it's still annoying whichever is correct.

Devon_Lad

Devon Live and others within the group seem to have started to use the word “upcountry” to describe stories they share that aren’t local to the paper. I don't know what northern papers are using. Downcountry, presumably.

Anyway, isn't it up-country? I don't know but it's still annoying whichever is correct.
Seems to be a very recent thing. I guess ‘upcounty’ is just a caveat for news that has no actual relevance to Devon and their reporters have little else to report on locally. In fact, the majority of Devon Live-isms could feature on this thread.

Back on topic, a flight of steps whereby the width/depth/height of said steps are not equal. Requires extreme concentration to actually reach the summit of the staircase.

Oldsmobile-88

The term ‘Energy Crisis’

It’s hardly going to be 1973 with widespread power cuts as there were during the miners strike.

Market Forces in a free market is to blame.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Morecambe playing Accrington today in the division above us. That pees me off.

• Angry
Reactions: DB9

chunkymorrinmunter

Leaving the EU then going cap in hand for drivers .

Grecian2K

Leaving the EU then going cap in hand for drivers .
...and turkey pluckers.

Grecian2K

Katie ****ING Price.

Admits to flipping her motor while out of her tiny little mind on booze and Class As...and get a nice little hollibobs at a private clinic.

Would Tracy Pleb from Tottenham have been treated with the same leniency? I suspect not. But I guess that, if you're a D-list "celeb" with a good sob story to sell the usual rules don't apply - and tough on any of the little people you happen to potentially take out during your adventures.

Alistair20000

Katie ****ING Price.

Admits to flipping her motor while out of her tiny little mind on booze and Class As...and get a nice little hollibobs at a private clinic.

Would Tracy Pleb from Tottenham have been treated with the same leniency? I suspect not. But I guess that, if you're a D-list "celeb" with a good sob story to sell the usual rules don't apply - and tough on any of the little people you happen to potentially take out during your adventures.
Indeed. Imagine the stern lecture that would have accompanied a stiff sentence to Vicky Pollard at the Darkley Noone Magistrates Court.

KP/Jordan always has been as mad as a box of frogs but I thought she was supposed to be so very happy with her latest toy boy Carl Woods, so what are these mental problems ?

I saw he said this which had me reaching for the sick bag 🤮🤮🤮

Katie is a rough diamond. She has her imperfections however they make her perfect to me.
“She just needs that extra help to be polished. The sunlight will shine through her once again and the sparkles that she brings to everyone will return.
“I love you Katie 100%. My dolly, always here, always will be.”

Carl mate, one word "rough" would have sufficed. And you can't polish a turd.

This comment from the Chair of the Bench on suspending a deserved period in jail was cringeworthy too:

“On that basis, Ms Price, you are free to go and good luck at the Priory,” Ms Hutton said.

Feckin' dire :mad: