• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Things like this.
Shooting party drug driver jailed for causing death of friend - BBC News
A mere 26 months for causing death for driving while out of it on spirits and "Class A's"

Can't help wondering what the sentence might have been for an "IC3 male" on his way home from a rave rather than a white boy returning from a posh "shooting party" after a port & coke-fuelled breakfast? :mad:

Ex-ciderrr

The use of the word, saying, phrase, whatever you want to call it - "photo dump" is starting to irritate me alot.

Oldsmobile-88

People dropping litter without a care in the world.
Red Square behind the IP was looking pristine this afternoon then a couple of lads in their twenties taking a short cut through to Old Tivvy Rd just casually dropped their empty plastic bottles without a care In the world.I challenged them & thought this could end badly,but they apologised before offering to pick it up.

Why do people drop crap whilst walking past numerous bins ?
Save the planet from Carbon ? We need to educate people to save the planet from rubbish first.

Alistair20000

People dropping litter without a care in the world.
Red Square behind the IP was looking pristine this afternoon then a couple of lads in their twenties taking a short cut through to Old Tivvy Rd just casually dropped their empty plastic bottles without a care In the world.I challenged them & thought this could end badly,but they apologised before offering to pick it up.

Why do people drop crap whilst walking past numerous bins ?
Save the planet from Carbon ? We need to educate people to save the planet from rubbish first.
Yep this p*sses me off big time. No excuse for it.

As you say an education job is needed and maybe heavy fines but the latter will be hard to enforce

DB9

Lorries overtaking on duel carriageways, Driving down the A34 is a mare, Lorries overtake other lorries and take an age to do it, Leaving a whole stream of traffic behind it. Mind the A34 is a crap road.

DB9

Trains now getting really busy, This morning hardly any seats available and people using seats for their luggage, You only pay for one seat, Not two!!!! Worst was guard struggled walking through and said nothing!!!!

Alistair20000

Trains now getting really busy, This morning hardly any seats available and people using seats for their luggage, You only pay for one seat, Not two!!!! Worst was guard struggled walking through and said nothing!!!!
Three coacher from Exeter to Waterloo yesterday morning was pretty busy. More coaches added at Salisbury where I got off.

Interesting to see one couple constantly changing seats to get away from the unmasked. However, as soon as they found a new seat they took their own masks off.

Oldsmobile-88

Reminds me of a trip on a Amtrak Train to San Diego,signs everywhere saying no baggage on seats.One chap had his bag on the seat beside him.The conductor was issuing tickets & charged the chap for 2,when he queried the cost.The conductor told him one was for the bag 🤣

Putting bags on seats is akin to people putting their feet on seats in my eyes.

DB9

Reminds me of a trip on a Amtrak Train to San Diego,signs everywhere saying no baggage on seats.One chap had his bag on the seat beside him.The conductor was issuing tickets & charged the chap for 2,when he queried the cost.The conductor told him one was for the bag 🤣

Putting bags on seats is akin to people putting their feet on seats in my eyes.
Good on the Conductor I say, Same should happen here.

DB9

Having to buy a new dishwasher (Of course the one we've got lasted the usual 5 years!! :mad:) Went to Currys (Gord knows why!) found one to buy at a reasonable price, Then the usual, Bloody, Delivery, Instalation and taking away the old one put another £75 on the price!! I know it costs but FFS! nearly another 30% on the price!!!!
Just had said Dishwasher delivered, Nearly 3 hours later than our time slot!!! Two guys, One could not speak a word of English, The other very little, The mess they made, 40 minutes to install, 3 times connecting everything up, Turn water on and all over the bloody place, Marked the kitchen floor. This is the very last time i use Currys! Will be visiting the store with photos of mess and marks on floor and see what they say!!!