• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
People who stick ‘gate’ on the end of a word to indicate a scandal, politicos and journalists in particular are serial offenders. The original scandal ‘Watergate’ wasn’t the water scandal that someone stuck gate on the end of, Watergate is all one word so why people insist on putting part of that word on the end is anyone’s guess. I suppose they think they’re being clever. I wonder why they didn’t put water at the beginning?

Antony Moxey

Car Insurance, Trying to get a renewal and the prices have sky rocketed! No claims by me and the Mrs, No change to the vehicle etc but i'm looking at £80+ extra this year!
Phone them, you’ll get it cheaper.

Antony Moxey

Sat in traffic earlier and watched an adult ignorant cyclist make a pedestrian walk into the road because he wanted to ride on a narrow footpath instead of the road where he belongs.
20 seconds or so afterwards he went onto the road anyway.
How did he make the pedestrian move? I’d have told him to f*** off and carried on walking.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
How did he make the pedestrian move? I’d have told him to f*** off and carried on walking.
The footpath was the one near Bull Meadow with the railings ? only a foot or so wide , pedestrian going towards Magdalen rd with Idiot heading towards Hotel du Vin and he just didnt slow down forcing the guy into the road
Then at the end of the footpath Idiot just joined the flow of traffic.

Idiot looked like the typical drunk/junkie type riding wherever they want because they know there will be nothing done.

Spoonz Red E

People who stick ‘gate’ on the end of a word to indicate a scandal, politicos and journalists in particular are serial offenders. The original scandal ‘Watergate’ wasn’t the water scandal that someone stuck gate on the end of, Watergate is all one word so why people insist on putting part of that word on the end is anyone’s guess. I suppose they think they’re being clever. I wonder why they didn’t put water at the beginning?
This is why they can't quite get those Bill Gates 'scandals' to stick.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is why they can't quite get those Bill Gates 'scandals' to stick.
Gategategate if he's involved in more than one ?

Grecian2K

We're having a slight dispute with a neighbour over access through the rear of our property.
#Gardengategate

Colesman Ballz

We're having a slight dispute with a neighbour over access through the rear of our property.
#Gardengategate
Crikey that's a tad posh G2K, I wouldn't have 'had you down' as living in a "gated community" ! ;)

Alistair20000

Bread going mouldy far too quickly :mad:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The most recent tesco advert with that bloke at the till