• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Harsh to criticise Niskanen, he only came on for 14 minutes.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow even Caldwell disagrees with @supernova about Caldwell.

arthur

Harsh to criticise Niskanen, he only came on for 14 minutes.
He had at least three chances to put a dangerous ball into the box from down by the corner flag and failed on each occasion

fred binneys head

He had at least three chances to put a dangerous ball into the box from down by the corner flag and failed on each occasion
Fair enough, you’re right, but I would have him behind several others in the “who could have played better” list.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, you’re right, but I would have him behind several others in the “who could have played better” list.
Big off days for Sweeney and Rankine particularly, from where I was watching

Banksy

Games in hand are usually (literally) pointless. The reason teams are down the bottom is because they’re hopeless and can’t win for toffee, so it follows that they’ll normally lose their games in hand too. The only advantage they have is that they haven’t had the chance to make their goal difference worse.

Let me ask you this: do you think it would be to our benefit if we had two or three games in hand over the other teams around us?
Well , certainly not much good based on our current form admittedly I guess.I’d hate to get to season’s end though with Carlisle say needing to draw their game in hand to stay up at our expense.All hypothetical though and not changing the fact that we’re not out of the woods yet relegation wise regardless of what some may think.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just like most of the season - wonder if the board made the tactical decision in November that we can't afford to compete in L1 as it is better to be winning in L2 ?
The last 15 mins we played with Grecian Grit - why didn't we start like we finished.
Gary's answer will be "We're doing well on the training pitch" again !
If that was the case just think why did we bother bringing new players into the club for. It's not always a conspiracy round every corner :love: :ROFLMAO:

fred binneys head

Big off days for Sweeney and Rankine particularly, from where I was watching
Rankine ran hard and at least tried to create something. Sweenz, Tom Carroll, Aitchison, Sonny, Yanick all had off days.

Cheick was outstanding again and Zak also did well.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree. Today was winnable - why on earth would he have rested first choice players?
I expect there's some stats from training that said the players needed a rest or some old ********.

Total waste of my time and money today.
I did spot a murmuration of starlings above the main stand at about 4.45, probably the best part of my day