• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

That's a really decent observation. We've had a couple of really highly rated PL loanees in previous seasons who have either flattered to deceive, or flopped; ultimately there's been a disconnect which has meant they can't apply/adapt what they've been doing to the level they're playing out. I guess that's a part of what the loans are about.

All at different levels in terms of ability, but also adaptability.

This season we have either been a bit more astute/luckier in terms of bringing cheaper (to us) versions, if not with injuries; but far more able, in terms of performance, to cope with Sat-Tue-Sat.
At the end of the day professional football is all about doing it on a matchday, when it matters.
Looking good in training is ok, but when the chips are down the best players are the ones who produce.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without sounding overly negative, if Harris was that much of a prospect, why were we able to get him?

Devon place

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Old news. Has he kicked on?
Personally , I really like him as a player.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Old news. Has he kicked on?
Personally , I really like him as a player.
Me too, he appears full of confidence and always wanting the ball. And to answer the question raised above about why is he in the team when our own academy graduates aren't I'd have thought it fairly simple: he's loads better than they are and deserving of his selection. Just wish he hadn't said that guff about being all about goals and assists.

Devon place

Me too, he appears full of confidence and always wanting the ball. And to answer the question raised above about why is he in the team when our own academy graduates aren't I'd have thought it fairly simple: he's loads better than they are and deserving of his selection. Just wish he hadn't said that guff about being all about goals and assists.
That was my point Luke Harris built his reputation with our club Fulham scoring goals / assists for our 21s which also brought the old rumours in relation to the 30 million pound transfer to Chelsea. It very much appears he assumed goals would come just as easily in men’s professional football for him. Luke Harris was asked what his playing position was when interviewed and he replied oddly “goalscorer”. So of course that’s what everyone is judging him on the attributes “he himself” said he would bring to your first team. Let’s hope he can have an amazing game v relegation threatened Fleetwood and we will be singing his praises after the game.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was my point Luke Harris built his reputation with our club Fulham scoring goals / assists for our 21s which also brought the old rumours in relation to the 30 million pound transfer to Chelsea. It very much appears he assumed goals would come just as easily in men’s professional football for him. Luke Harris was asked what his playing position was when interviewed and he replied oddly “goalscorer”. So of course that’s what everyone is judging him on the attributes “he himself” said he would bring to your first team. Let’s hope he can have an amazing game v relegation threatened Fleetwood and we will be singing his praises after the game.
In his defence, he is playing for a side with absolutely no attacking threat, not easy to score a hat full of goals under Caldwell.