• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

CraigECFC

Creating one good chance over the course of a game against a not very good side is a sad watch. I say it every week teams are so happy to sit back against us because they know we can’t create much. Teams dint have to play well or create much to get something out the game. Recent wins have come against teams that have tried to come at us. Going 1-0 down I had no hope in us getting anything out the game, which I think says a lot for where we are at.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course when you have more options to select from there’s also the potential temptation (and danger) to tinker around and make too many unnecessary changes.
Oh no .............. Gary "The Tinker" Caldwell - doesn't feel like a good omen !

Exehausted

Probably tried too hard to save legs and made too many changes.

Listening to commentary despite Lincoln not seeming to be playing that well it never really sounded as if we were going to get anything from the game.

No messing around with the team for the Fleetwood game has to play the strongest side possible.
I really hope that Woods can come in for Carroll and Cole for Harris. Two pretty little players but both light weight and barely mentioned on the radio today.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another fantastic performance that’ll get you chomping at the bit to buy your season ticket for next season!
I thought I heard at the forum that the STs won't be out until April. Probably just as well.q

We8Argyle

City join a fairly long list of teams who haven’t scored away to Lincoln. Not the end of the world, we move.

fred binneys head

It was a 0-0 game all day. Just that they scored.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
radio Devon listeners deserve compensation for today, let alone those who paid for I follow and actually attended.

Today sounded like a very typical Caldwell performance from start to finish. We've allowed him to sign these additional players where now he actually has options from the bench and he just sends people on to do the same thing which has barely worked all season. Can anyone think of a game he's changed in our favour through tactical nouse and the actually changing things this season. Because I can't. I dearly hope this isn't the beginnings of another slump. We are far from safe and with a manager as poor a Caldwell we are the side imho most likely to collapse and go down.

We simply must beat Fleetwood. Anything less is unacceptable in every sense.

fred binneys head

Will be an interesting two weeks - Port Vale play Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday and some others play a game or two in hand too. Wheat will be sorted from chaff.

Spoonz Red E

Will be an interesting two weeks - Port Vale play Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday and some others play a game or two in hand too. Wheat will be sorted from chaff.
On points per game extrapolated we would finish in 17th with 53pts (52.8), 5 points clear of the bottom 4.
One more win for Portsmouth will take them to 75 points for the season so far which is now the maximum we can get this season.
I don't think we'll be Champions :cool:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm dreading next Saturday, to be honest.