• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Brown will be understandably disappointed at conceeding their goal. Okay it was a tricky looping header, but one that a Brown of yesteryear would have dealt with. He seemed somewhat leaden footed throughout, but luckily was not seriously tested. His foot placement was a factor in him letting in their goal though, no thrust/spring in his step at all. I'm glad though that he was chosen ahead of Lee in a game like that; the result might have been very different had Lincoln cottoned on to us playing a 17 year old debutant.

tonykellowfan

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pobbop

People saying we launched it long with our attacking players, can be easily ignored as darned idjits, every forum has them.

denzel

The irony of Lincoln fans complaining about a long ball team 🙄

Pobbop

We could do with you back in the team Steve?
As I've said before the fastest I saw Moran run was from the S&P to Corals before a race. Yet to be fair if wasn't a Stella guzzling horse race loving bloke he wouldn't have ever got to us.

DawlishBouy

fred binneys head

Having reflected on yesterday’s game, I’m really pleased with a point. Lincoln were a big, physical side but we matched them and had a lot of the dark arts about us, which was good to see, particularly from the youngsters like Cheik.

I thought everyone did well in the first half, but our midfield faded in the second half, probably because they were working so hard defensively. KMT did a good job, the only thing I would have done differently would have been to bring Caprice on for Sparkes with 20 minutes to go. Jack had done pretty well defensively, but got nothing out of their right back in attack, as he was smaller and slower than him, so it would have been good to see Jake running at him when he was tired.

The City massive (570 - decent) were in good voice as ever, gave the lino deserved stick in the second half after some strange decisions, and were supportive of the team throughout. I was surprised how quiet the Lincoln fans were though, last time we were there they caused a right racket, but not so much this time, despite a good crowd of around 8,200.

Shame to see a woman in the same row as us getting upset that the lads and lasses in front of her and to her right wouldn’t sit down. They stood their ground literally and metaphorically and it got quite heated. Must admit I thought she was wrong - their view was that there were hundreds of people stood up, hundreds of people sat down and hundreds of empty seats, if you wanted to sit down with a perfectly unobstructed view there were loads of seats you could go to. My son asked me ‘what will we do if we’re asked to sit down, as we won’t be able to see?’ (because people in front were stood up). My answer: we’ll just move seats. It’s a shame the woman who got upset took the view she did as she missed most of the first half talking to a steward and a policeman. I hope it didn’t ruin her day too much.

Anyway, a good solid point against a decent if not spectacular side. Well done to everyone involved.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jevani Brown interview