• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give it a few matches and we will consistently be the fittest team on the pitch by the 90 minute mark.Playing all those Tuesday matches until mid September might work to our advantage this season .

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
37th Minute at Sincil Bank.
Grecians join in applause for a Imps supporter who suddenly passed away last week.
Well done to whoever arranged for the banner to be made. I’m not on fb but I believe it was one of the ECFC Supporters groups who had this made. 👍

View attachment 8927
Our Grecian Family ALWAYS supports the bigger football family at times like this. RIP Picky Imp.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
37th Minute at Sincil Bank.
Grecians join in applause for a Imps supporter who suddenly passed away last week.
Well done to whoever arranged for the banner to be made. I’m not on fb but I believe it was one of the ECFC Supporters groups who had this made. 👍

View attachment 8927
It was Steve, who's the admin on the ecfc and proud page.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good test today against a side that surprised me for their quality. I’d read that Lincoln had struggled to build a decent side and they weren’t too excited for the season - certainly second half they really came back into it. Their no.21, Sorensen was class, just the sort of midfielder I’d want us to have, wide range of passing from deep. Adelakun (23), was also excellent, every ball he put into the box was of high quality and showed the difference between League 2 and 1 to me. Tom Hopper up front looks a player as well, another one I was quite envious of, exactly the no.9 that would bang in goals for us.

All that said we dominated a lot of the first half and looked the better footballing unit. Nombe (whom I hope isn’t injured) scored what I think is a classic Nombe goal, and where he’s best, strength power and pace after Jevani showed he going to look just as good at this level.

Thought Chieck could have done better about the goal and attacked the ball but other than that had a solid game. Coley for me is best of the bench for now and was left chasing.

Great point I think and could have gone easily either way. Really enjoyed the match!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jevani had tweeted but has now deleted that "The linesman just flagged me offside as I was walking back to the car"!

Phil Sayers

Sky highlights:

Steve Moran3

From the Lincoln forum
“Haven’t settled yet, against a team launching it long at every opportunity.”
Was this true or sour grapes?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

From the Lincoln forum
We could do with you back in the team Steve?

fred binneys head

From the Lincoln forum
Sour grapes. Another muppet on there said “Exeter were complete gash”. I fart in their general direction.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sour grapes. Another muppet on there said “Exeter were complete gash”. I fart in their general direction.
Wipe it and call it a sh1t !