• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Currently getting a meal in Lincoln so not had time to read the thread yet. Thought a draw was a fair result, Lincoln were a tough opposition, physically bigger than us and a decent outfit, shows the difference between L2 and L1.

Thought we did well on the whole, particularly the first half. The back line were solid other than Scott brown who looked a bit rusty. Jevani is a real class act.

iscalad

JW57++

I went for 1-1. It is actually the most common score in football.
That’s why it’s a pundits prediction.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but 579 away supporters tremendous effort, well done to all that travelled

ECFC89

Negatives: Amazed at how people think Lincoln will be mid table. They were, I thought, very poor.

After last year seeing how much of a advantage was, surprised how leggy we looked in the final 15.

However, great to get off the mark early doors and great to see us compete so well. First 30 minutes we were brilliant. Clearly need a couple of attacking additions

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but 579 away supporters tremendous effort, well done to all that travelled
Agreed although the last game of our Championship winning season was away to Lincoln and if memory serves me correctly there were 1,200 traveling Grecians in attendance to see us win 5-1.

Richard Young scoring his last goal for us in a remarkable finishing sequence of 8 games (7 wins and 1 draw) and scoring in every one but one of the last six finishing with a season total of 6.

Nigel E

geoffwp

Agreed although the last game of our Championship winning season was away to Lincoln and if memory serves me correctly there were 1,200 traveling Grecians in attendance to see us win 5-1.

Richard Young scoring his last goal for us in a remarkable finishing sequence of 8 games (7 wins and 1 draw) and scoring in every one but one of the last six finishing with a season total of 6.
It was one of the most incredible away league games I've seen. City fans were deafening.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
There can't be many goalies who after playing 95 mins still go around picking up the Club balls - well done Scotty B !

Oldsmobile-88

37th Minute at Sincil Bank.
Grecians join in applause for a Imps supporter who suddenly passed away last week.
Well done to whoever arranged for the banner to be made. I’m not on fb but I believe it was one of the ECFC Supporters groups who had this made. 👍

E37B5A9D-E5DC-4CB4-B0FD-134189A5EFDA.jpeg