• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Larry Wilkie

Matthew Cox to Bristol Rovers is a top loan. Fair few teams having a good window.
Just asking as I don’t know much about him, but he has had no senior appearances yet, which seems to be causing great concern to our supporters about our new keeper? Is there a difference?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Matthew Cox to Bristol Rovers is a top loan. Fair few teams having a good window.
Probably also shows how good a loan Ryan Trevitt should be for us as he seems to be as highly rated if not more so!
Bristol Rovers just signed another keeper they have been busy in the transfer market from day one had a well balanced squad at the end of last season and have continued to add to it regularly throughout this preseason. They have not generated anything like the money we have so heaven knows alone knows where the money is coming from.

currently I have two gashead friends who are really looking forward to the season starting as others have said definitely one to watch.
Pretty much the same as most League One clubs. Their owner has put millions into Rovers!
Just shows how well we do to compete with our model and how hard we have had to work to get here!

That’s why it’s so important GC can work some magic in the next few weeks to keep us here come the end of the season.

I would honestly snap your hand off for 20th position right now come the end of the season!

"Peterborough United set to charge for online match commentary - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-66265804

Maybe giving us money for Archie has cost them a few bob or two ....

Either way charging for match commentary is an absolute shambles..
I think this is worrying.
I suspect other clubs, especially the better supported teams, will be eyeing this and wondering if they can monetise yet another interaction with their fan bases.
Also, what does this mean for away teams visiting Peterborough? Will BBC Radio Devon et al be able to broadcast from London Road next season?
BBC local radio takes a lot of flack and BBC Radio Devon's coverage of Exeter City can be of variable quality - but for some fans it's all they have and all they can afford.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably also shows how good a loan Ryan Trevitt should be for us as he seems to be as highly rated if not more so!

Pretty much the same as most League One clubs. Their owner has put millions into Rovers!
Just shows how well we do to compete with our model and how hard we have had to work to get here!

That’s why it’s so important GC can work some magic in the next few weeks to keep us here come the end of the season.

I would honestly snap your hand off for 20th position right now come the end of the season!
That makes two of us.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just asking as I don’t know much about him, but he has had no senior appearances yet, which seems to be causing great concern to our supporters about our new keeper? Is there a difference?
Matthew Cox was England u19 keeper when they won the Euro's last year and has sat on Brentford's bench a number of times last season when their second choice was out injured. From what I have seen of him in that Euro tournament, he looks a very promising goalkeeper.

As for Viljani, most of our first impressions on here was that video posted of every goal he conceded for Burton which was hardly a fair taste. For me it showed how crap Burton were defending at that stage, so easy to get behind them. I only saw him down at Torquay, and he looks a very active goalkeeper which is a modern way for young goalkeepers that doesn't always sit well with fans. He did make a couple of very good saves. I expect both will have some adjusting to do to the more pragmatic senior game. Hopefully our defending will buck up to be a lot better than shown so far and what he had at Burton.
Probably also shows how good a loan Ryan Trevitt should be for us as he seems to be as highly rated if not more so.
I have been very impressed with what I have seen of Ryan Trevitt so far. I know he had the mistake at Bristol City, again a young player who has some adjusting to do, but I think he has the ability to be one of our best loan signings. You can see why he is very highly rated at Brentford.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
RT=POTY 2024

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Reading taking the proverbial just hours after signing Savage's son

No mention of this on the EFL website.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if I need to book a later train home!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We won't have to suffer Tom Nield this season

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if I need to book a later train home!

Please, no.
I still yearn for the days when games finished at 4:40. Pink Echo out at 5 with all the results.
Why do they want to interfere with everything?