• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
well, he's not wrong.
Plus , the other downside is the media insists on ramming the latest news from the likes of Wrexham and Salford and all the other league darlings down our throats too.Been waiting for months to read all about Wrexham’s USA holiday (not).
As we all know , it’s not exactly a level playing field.

Grecianman135

"Peterborough United set to charge for online match commentary - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-66265804

Maybe giving us money for Archie has cost them a few bob or two ....

Either way charging for match commentary is an absolute shambles..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Peterborough United set to charge for online match commentary - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-66265804

Maybe giving us money for Archie has cost them a few bob or two ....

Either way charging for match commentary is an absolute shambles..
Hope it’s better than Radio Devon commentate at times. Especially if you are paying for it. Mind you isn’t that effectively ifollow on a Saturday is.

denzel

Really don't understand this. You would think they would welcome the free publicity. Similar to clubs who make you register just to read their news items, I mean what is the point?
I presume they didn't do very well in the fan engagement survey though..

Colesman Ballz

Really don't understand this. You would think they would welcome the free publicity. Similar to clubs who make you register just to read their news items, I mean what is the point?
I presume they didn't do very well in the fan engagement survey though..
It is probably more to do with their financial problems. There are two companies, one running the football which is fine, but the other owning the ground which is in dire straits, owing millions.

ryancooper327

Matthew Cox to Bristol Rovers is a top loan. Fair few teams having a good window.

Gordon Dale

Agreed. BR are ones to watch ? The Gas had a 10086 gate for a friendly against Bolton! Looks like a few believe?

denzel

Reading taking the proverbial just hours after signing Savage's son

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bristol Rovers just signed another keeper they have been busy in the transfer market from day one had a well balanced squad at the end of last season and have continued to add to it regularly throughout this preseason. They have not generated anything like the money we have so heaven knows alone knows where the money is coming from.

currently I have two gashead friends who are really looking forward to the season starting as others have said definitely one to watch.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have not generated anything like the money we have so heaven knows alone knows where the money is coming from.
Same place as the rest of their spending. Namely loans from the Chairman circa £9M in debt and rising